Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS3 > TS4 Low Country Living Pet House Conversion

by Menaceman44 Posted 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:00 PM - Updated 6th May 2018 at 11:47 PM by Menaceman44

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:33 AM
Much appreciated
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:56 AM
Thank you so much! I've been hoping for a Maxis Match conversion of this house. The other conversions stand out too much in game against Sims 4's textures.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 11:05 AM
I love you for this! I can't even express my disappointment when I learned that the Cats & Dogs expansion had no pet houses! Thank you!
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 11:47 AM
Just FYI, this conversion was also done by Coupurelectrique
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 1:04 PM
I was unaware of Coupurelectrique's conversion. I actually explained to them how to get their cat tree house working.
Either way, there is now an option for those out there who prefer TS4 style textures.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 11:33 PM
I was wondering when someone was going to make this! Thank you!!!
Banned
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 12:45 AM
I was very surprised and disappointed when cats and dogs didn't have dog houses
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 3:21 PM
Thank You
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:32 AM
Thank you! Not only did I really want a dog house for my game, but I'm glad to know my reaction to the doghouse comments didn't leave me alone. I personally was a bit more than surprised, I was downright affronted. And I don't even own a doghouse! My dogs are completely indoor dogs because I don't have a good outdoor set up for them, but I know people who use doghouses. It's quite normal. Using a doghouse doesn't mean you are locking your dog up outside in all weather and neglecting them. It's common in the country to have a doghouse and leave your dog outside sometimes, and bring them in other times. You still interact with them and care for their needs. In fact some people choose to leave their dogs outside most of the time(weather permitting) and it isn't a big deal because they spend much of their own time outside anyways, so the dog isn't alone
Anyways enough rambling. I may not have been too happy with that bit of judgement, but I am happy with your conversion! Thank you again.
Instructor
#11 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _xKindredxSoulsx_
Thank you! Not only did I really want a dog house for my game, but I'm glad to know my reaction to the doghouse comments didn't leave me alone. I personally was a bit more than surprised, I was downright affronted. And I don't even own a doghouse! My dogs are completely indoor dogs because I don't have a good outdoor set up for them, but I know people who use doghouses. It's quite normal. Using a doghouse doesn't mean you are locking your dog up outside in all weather and neglecting them. It's common in the country to have a doghouse and leave your dog outside sometimes, and bring them in other times. You still interact with them and care for their needs. In fact some people choose to leave their dogs outside most of the time(weather permitting) and it isn't a big deal because they spend much of their own time outside anyways, so the dog isn't alone
Anyways enough rambling. I may not have been too happy with that bit of judgement, but I am happy with your conversion! Thank you again.

And even IF people were offended by dog houses irl, this is just a game. I can have my virtual people yell at their virtual toddlers and burn their virtual grandmas to their virtual death in this game; this does in no way depict reality, nor should it. Sim pets are often an annoyance indoors, and they can have beautiful gardens of eternal warmth and sunshine to roam, so the entire discussion just seems... confusing to me. We have disgustingly sick and neglected pets wandering the streets of Brindleton Bay (that the vet downright refuses to see), but dog houses are somehow not okay. ;-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:25 AM
Love this. I was very disappointed a dog house/kennel wasn't included.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:21 AM
My first download ever, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 9:13 AM
Thankyou! Definitely will be using this!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:00 AM
I still think this should have been included in Cats & Dogs so you've done us all a great favor in doing what EA hasn't
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _xKindredxSoulsx_

Can I ask about what you're talking about with the doghouse comments? I don't really follow the development of the Sims 4 packs since I found out about the whole Laundry Day thing, so I'm pretty sure Grant's one of those SimGurus or whatever they're called? What'd he say about that?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 8:34 PM
I screamed out when I found it: Aaaaah - I've waited for years for this to come!!! Great Job!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ethehoneyeater
Can I ask about what you're talking about with the doghouse comments? I don't really follow the development of the Sims 4 packs since I found out about the whole Laundry Day thing, so I'm pretty sure Grant's one of those SimGurus or whatever they're called? What'd he say about that?

Grant, who is one of the EP team and has been with the game since at least TS3, maybe TS2, basically called pet owners who make use of pet houses terrible people. He used to have a Guru social media account but it was closed due to him saying many things that usually caused upset or annoyance in the fanbase.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 1:13 AM
Thank you! This was a total no-brainer for the pack, I didn't realize there was some sort of controversy over dog houses. *rolls eyes* Oh well, at least modders have our back.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th May 2018 at 6:35 AM
I know I'm late to this thread, but what a wonderful addition for pets!
Aside; the EP team are clueless on so many aspects of simulation, reality, gaming, and smug arrogant faux moral grandstanding to the fanbase. If it wasn't for great modders, like yourself, I would never play Sims.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 4:49 PM
Thank you for creating this for our pets. I was totally shocked when I added Seasons to my game there was so little things for our TS4 pets. I was also reading and learned why the dog houses were not included and it just blew me away.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 3:09 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 3:39 PM
ty for the dog house style !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th May 2020 at 11:25 PM
Thank you very much for this, i really needed it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 4:10 PM
Finally pet houses!
Page 1 of 2