Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:26 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 2nd Mar 2018 at 8:34 PM.
Default In-And-Out Invisible Pool Spot
UPDATE 4 :
Hello ! Still need testers...
I'm trying to make a no pet version of the final version, then I fell upon a "werewolf" line that shouldn't be there for a no pet version.
It's normal after all since I've cloned the maxis thing with Pet EP installed.

So I think it is compatible now, but I don't have AGS anymore to test it. Could someone without the pet EP test it for me ?
There is only one file needed. You must delete the other ones if you had them already.

Note that I have enabled the get in straight interaction for pregnant sim not in last period.

UPDATE 3 :
Major change : Pet swimming !!! (only large dog)
But they can only use the pool spot (even autonomously to get out). If you put it out... I didn't tried it !

There are 3 files in the zip and you need them all. One of them are default semi globals, just so you know : pool semi globals ; idle dog system ; go here object (when you click on floor) -this one might be global but I don't think so-

You don't need the old files anymore, and they will conflict anyway.

Bug known (The last that I couldn't fix yet but that I hope to fix before february ends) :
After some time, the dog just loose the swim interaction in the queue, than instead of getting out the pool, it just stay in there stucked, idling (sitting or else) on top of water !!!
The bad news is that I have circled through the dog idle system and I can't seem to find how it works. As it doesn't through a error, it is harder to find how to fix it. When I forced error I don't get the infos I need to understand how it works...
If at least I could narrow the events that cause it.... (I already note that when the dog want to dig a hole, it normally gets out of pool, as intended)

UPDATE 2 :
Change the price because of environement rating
added an interaction "go near water" as if you could click on the floor

UPDATE 1 : the last change made had created another bug, sorry for that. Now this version has not anymore the "get out" bug because sims will be shooed out. However, I gave up on the body skill. Animations are the same either for skilled or not skilled sims.

I've made a modded object for Leefish web site. It's an invisible 2 tiles object to get in and out of the swimming pool without the need of ladder nor diving board. However I have improved it before posting it here and I would like to know what is your thinking about it.

What I would like to know is :

- Is there still a bug ?
-does the "go near water" works fine for flying vampire ?
-Is there bugs with pet using it ?
-do you think animations are good enough ?
-Does it bug when using it while Pet EP not installed ?

Screenshots
Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: zip  Ankoyume_PoolSpot-GetInOut_V8.zip (43.3 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
Description: New file 12/02/18
File Type: zip  Ankoyume_PoolSpot-GetInOut_V10.zip (44.4 KB, 23 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 13/02/18
File Type: zip  Last Published For Pet Testing.zip (114.4 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 21/02
File Type: zip  Ankoyume_PoolSpot-GetInOut.zip (114.8 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 28/02
File Type: zip  Ankoyume_PoolSpot-GetInOut - v2_NoPet.zip (48.0 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 02/03 Version 2 - No Pet

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:49 AM
Wow....This is great.
About the text, you forgot the p for pool, under known Issues.
You might want to add s's every time you used pool tile and blue tile, when plural...then again, my mother tongue is french, not English, so what do I know?
I can't wait to try this!!!!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Wow....This is great.
About the text, you forgot the p for pool, under known Issues.
You might want to add s's every time you used pool tile and blue tile, when plural...then again, my mother tongue is french, not English, so what do I know?
I can't wait to try this!!!!

French as well, so I've read it again (for XX time !). Thanks for the tip.
Hope you'll tell me what you get after your testing.

Instructor
#4 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 9:10 PM
This is COOL. And you even included a way for me to take it out so my serial killer Sim can drown victims!

I speak a form of English (american), and it reads fine. Maybe use "taken out" instead of "put out", but people will understand it either way.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps you could include a little picture of the 'go here', 'enter', and 'options' menus that pop up when you click? I kinda got confused about which was which.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
This is COOL. And you even included a way for me to take it out so my serial killer Sim can drown victims!

I speak a form of English (american), and it reads fine. Maybe use "taken out" instead of "put out", but people will understand it either way.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps you could include a little picture of the 'go here', 'enter', and 'options' menus that pop up when you click? I kinda got confused about which was which.

Good idea thanks ! I'll take the picture and come back later.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 1:34 AM
"If I were you, I'll get rid of it in game."

I think you mean "I'de get rid of it in game."

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 2:12 AM
Yes, sure..but without the *e* I'd. or simply, I would.

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 6:21 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, but taking out the color (meaning make it invisible) won't disable the interaction and your sims will still be able to use it autonomously...
But you can still remove it in buy mode and they'll certainly die in a bad way

Instructor
#9 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:32 PM
Hee hee. I meant I could turn it blue and find it to remove, I think. Something in your text reassured me that it wasn't stuck permanently on the lot.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:56 AM
Hello ! @rosebine @d4RE @joandsarah77
just there with another version, see first post

Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 3:18 PM
Neat!!! I grabbed it. Will try with my test family.

Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 7:01 PM
Neat!!! I grabbed it. Will try with my test family.

Thanks eager to have your feedbacks .
I didn't say that the dog keep on idle sitting, while in water !!!, but I can't seem to find how it works. As it doesn't through a error, it isn't much a problem for now (even though it really breaks the illusion ). However for the same reason, it is harder to find how to fix it. If you success to get a useful error .txt , I'll take it gladly !
Or if you could understand what is the event that indues that ...

Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 7:20 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 21st Feb 2018 at 7:47 PM.
As you said, it does not throw any errors, so there is nothing to look into. What I wonder is..why does a dog decides to idle, instead of just getting out of the pool?
And, do you absolutely need the dog idle in your package?
The idle animation is chosen when nothing else is happening no? What should be happening is get out of pool.
I ask..but I did not try it yet.

Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 8:31 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 21st Feb 2018 at 9:31 PM.
As you said, it does not throw any errors, so there is nothing to look into. What I wonder is..why does a dog decides to idle, instead of just getting out of the pool?
And, do you absolutely need the dog idle in your package?
The idle animation is chosen when nothing else is happening no? What should be happening is get out of pool.
I ask..but I did not try it yet.

yes it is exactly that, but as it does it autonomously for doing another interaction (go here, dig here, ...), however in some case, the interaction disappear without any reason. Then, the dog isn't considering swiming anymore even though in pool, so it idles on floor level.
What I don't understand is why the interaction ends in the first place and why then it doesn't get out of pool even thogh to do nothing.
I really think it is in the idle process, as swimming is an iddling action (it's the reason why I had to default some dog idle system BHAV) push by the pool globals, that are triggered either by the pool spot itself (if you have clicked on it) either through the go there then the pool spot itself (if you have clicked on pool "enter"). It's 2 different BHAV but I tried to make them as same as I could. Edit: either way the swim idle interaction is in runed by the pool controller (created by the pool spot, ladder, enter pool and co). Perhaps it is deleted at some time for some reason ? I'll go check.
I have noted too that once in pool pet can't anymore click on pool "swim here". It's a sub interaction that sim can do. Does it do that for you too ? (you'll answer me when you'l have tested it.)

EDIT !!! : Ok I understand now. Was fidling in the swim here interaction and found that it is not a bug. So I just get a sim in pool to see exactly what it does (should have done it sooner because when playing, I wasn't attentive enough)
So I does it for sims too : the swim interaction disappear. But then the idle and go here take place. There must be somewhere something that I miss, that test the "Is swiming or in pool". I must add the test for pet too. It is just a matter to find WHERE to add it.

Instructor
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 2:35 PM
Got it. I'm taking a little break from modding for a week or two, so I'll install it tonight and give it a good workout. (After all this cold weather, I could use a few days in the pool)
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 8:54 PM
Got it. I'm taking a little break from modding for a week or two, so I'll install it tonight and give it a good workout. (After all this cold weather, I could use a few days in the pool)

Ok, thanks !
About that bug, I know now where is the bug. It's in petglobals 'Function - Process Autonomy'.
And how to fix it too 'Force - get out of pool' global.
However I'm trying to find a way to test which interaction must be disabled... Because I can't stop autonomy for pets, they'll die in pool !

Instructor
#17 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 3:56 PM
I only played with it about an hour, but was able to get a couple of error messages (attached).

I'm not sure the one for Sheila actually has anything to do with your objects, but included it just in case.

The other one is for Trent Traveler, who was visiting Sheila's lot. It occurred when I clicked on the water and told him to "get in". Maybe it's better to use your object to get the Sim to swim?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  pool spot errors.rar (26.2 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:52 PM
I only played with it about an hour, but was able to get a couple of error messages (attached).

I'm not sure the one for Sheila actually has anything to do with your objects, but included it just in case.

The other one is for Trent Traveler, who was visiting Sheila's lot. It occurred when I clicked on the water and told him to "get in". Maybe it's better to use your object to get the Sim to swim?

Thanks, I'll examine it tonight.

Instructor
#19 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 1:28 PM
oops. Correction: when I clicked on him for Sheila to invite him to join. I'm such an airhead.

I've been on a unexpected cross-country trip the last few days, but I brought all my Sims discs to install on the laptop. Hopefully, Numenor's new version of AGS will work with my setup, and I can test it more properly.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 12:10 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 2nd Mar 2018 at 2:07 PM.
oops. Correction: when I clicked on him for Sheila to invite him to join. I'm such an airhead.

I've been on a unexpected cross-country trip the last few days, but I brought all my Sims discs to install on the laptop. Hopefully, Numenor's new version of AGS will work with my setup, and I can test it more properly.

It's strange : I don't have any "join" menu...bSo I just let it be in speed 3 for a long time but nothing happens, no error....
Then I realised it was when playing Marco Polo...

EDIT : Ok I got that bug too. However I don't have time anymore. So I decided to post it anyway with a note about the bug (1rst post is updated). I'll fix that this week-end, I don't think it will be out of the download queue yet. I'll update the file as soon as it will be accepted or rejected ...

Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 8:27 PM
As somebody wanted it, I just uploaded a full version compatible with no pet installed. I can't test it myself in a no pet EP area, so I count on you. :D