Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 1:46 PM
I remember the days I had a baby be born and grow up on a community lot and it's only relative being a dog, while the baby was nonexistent in it's own family tree.
That also spawned clones of specifically one NPC and had all the other NPCs dress up differently than their game decided outfits. I still remeber unsavory charlatan having a naked tatooed top. Oh god, the horrors of that hood.

It's long gone now, it was before I even had UC.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 7:45 PM
My game is just getting corrupted after about 2 years of playing. It's not too weird yet. Just pack leaders coming to houses without children during the day, burglars walking about on community lots (also during the day) and badly generated LTWs. (E.g. Have 20 simultaneous lovers for a teenage Knowledge sim while her bar says Whiz Kid.)
Thaks for your stories posted.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 1:14 AM
I once made completely new save and made new neighborhood. When i had generated some new townies and made my sim go to downtown, to my horror, ideal plantsim walked past the street! I was panicking but thankfully it wasn't my main save and i had backups so i just had to reinstall the game and put the backups in. Never had something like that happen before.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 3:17 PM
My sim brought home the Ninja from work. I kept trying to click on him to Ask to Leave, but he kept disappearing. I finally used the batbox to remove him. After that, I got the mod to ask to bring home a work friend. No one has ever asked to bring the Ninja home again, though, after I ran Hood Check and fixed the errors.
Scholar
#30 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 4:10 PM
I don't know if it counts as corruption but in a hood where everyone is severely inbred the witch doctor randomly stumbled onto the lots and the times when he was scared by a ghost other sims could suddenly interact with him as if he was a normal NPC.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Helptato
#31 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 5:06 PM
After 6 generations of a legacy family, I started getting disappearing Sims and all sorts of nasty glitches. Guess who was a clueless teenager and used deleteallcharacters in the neighbourhood before she began?

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Link Ninja
#32 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 10:49 PM
1. Sims disappeared, and family trees got bizarre. Other non-related but playable sims showed up to replace them in the family tree thumbnails. For example, some kid named Simon showed as Kent Orbinson's Wife in the tree after his wife disappeared. After the Sanchez's sister disappeared, another guy, totally random, replaced her face with his and became their sibling/son. Two times a family tree broke, where the sims didn't disappear but all of a sudden, even though they had mother/father/sibling relations they show as on their own in their family trees without any management from me.

2. Simaculate Conception. The strangest occurrence by far. A baby was born and suffered from glitchoma because it still acted as a baby when it turned to toddler. This was back when I was on Mac, before I knew anything really and so I made a new sim, unloaded the baby on him and then moved them to the sim bin and deleted them. I moved the family into a different home and upon pressing play after loading, the mother of the now deceased baby, twirled into pregnancy clothes, twirled twice more for each pregnancy stage and then proceeded to give birth to a new baby that she totally wasn't pregnant with before hand.

3. Skipping an age. One of the earliest things (before I had any cc whatsoever) was two teens about to turn adult, and instead, they turned elder. This was in a super old hood.

4. Lightning strike causes a split soul? How do I explain this one? Well it was kind of a mystery the past two years until I connected the dots. I had 3 guys that lived in a dorm together. One day, lightning struck during an in-game thunderstorm and crashed the lot. Couldn't load it back up at all. So I moved them out, into a different dorm, and played out each of their graduations. They all moved to apartments, were playable for a bit until one day when I would load their apartment, they just...weren't there. It was entirely build mode. I could teleport them in to other playable sims' lots so they existed, but couldn't load their lots and play them anymore. After a year of troubleshooting I had a mind to go back to the uni hood and click on that lightning dorm and see it looks like they are still living there?? I load it, expecting it to crash. It doesn't. It loads and they are all there as their adult selves! But they are also all in those lots I can't play? I move them out of their lots, and out of the dorm, seeing if I can connect their parts in the sim bin. I don't know why I thought that. But in the end nothing changed. They are only playable if I move them in with another playable sim that didn't get their soul split like that. I write it off as co-dependency issues.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#33 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 7:12 PM
Six years ago, in one neighborhood, I had children with black hair growing up into all sorts of other hair colors. It wasn't Corruption with capital C, more like the neighborhood bugged out through buggy CC, but it was sure a neat phenomenon while it lasted.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Page 2 of 2