Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Walk Through Grasses - Basegame + Jungle Adventure - Updated 19-07-2019

by Bakie Posted 30th Mar 2018 at 11:09 PM - Updated 19th Jul 2019 at 1:52 PM by Bakie

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Tartan McBadgerface
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 12:07 AM
Thank you so much for this :) It adds much more fun to the adventuring side of the game.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 7:24 AM
Thanks, this is great !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 12:33 AM
I use all your stuff -- THANK YOU!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellfrozeover
Thank you so much for this It adds much more fun to the adventuring side of the game.

Quote: Originally posted by S�ri
Thanks, this is great !

Quote: Originally posted by MiffedTeradactyl
I use all your stuff -- THANK YOU!

You're welcome @all!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 11:03 PM
Tanks
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cidsan
Tanks

You're welcome Cidsan!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 6:18 PM
Thanks Bakie, you're still the best
These - of course - work perfectly; do you happen to have any idea, though, why only the jungle grass gets any snow in the winter, not the base game one?
I could not detect any difference in S4S, in either the tags or the warehouse settings....
I tried using both to decorate your frozen lake, but now half of it looks pretty evergreen
Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whitequeen73
Thanks Bakie, you're still the best
These - of course - work perfectly; do you happen to have any idea, though, why only the jungle grass gets any snow in the winter, not the base game one?
I could not detect any difference in S4S, in either the tags or the warehouse settings....
I tried using both to decorate your frozen lake, but now half of it looks pretty evergreen
Thank you!

Hi Whitequeen,
I did take a look at it too and it seems that the base game grass has some sort of extra texture in the warehouse which tells the game where to put snow.(The "new" base-game grass)
I have no idea though why some objects work like that instead of for example the Jungle grass where the snow possibly uses the bump textures too to decide where snow has to be.
But good that you mentioned this, so I can take a look at it again sometime as I forgot to make a note of it.

For now I would recommend to use the yellow-ish grass recolor to make it look less spring/summer-ish

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 9:36 AM
I just came here too to ask these grasses to be made seasons compatible when it comes to the "dead state" in winter.
Great mod though. I really like this grass. Very handy. Just looks a bit off in colder seasons when everything around them is dead and coilourless.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blue
I just came here too to ask these grasses to be made seasons compatible when it comes to the "dead state" in winter.
Great mod though. I really like this grass. Very handy. Just looks a bit off in colder seasons when everything around them is dead and coilourless.

Hi, I'm aware of the problems with the Base Game Grasses and will take a second look at it later. The first time I tried to fix it, it still didn't work
The only thing I can recommend now is to turn them into the yellow-ish recolor in fall.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 4:36 PM
Perfect to build areas for ponds etc. Very well done. Keep up your perfect work!

Thanks a lot and best regards from Austria

Lady Eve
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyeve
Perfect to build areas for ponds etc. Very well done. Keep up your perfect work!
Thanks a lot and best regards from Austria, Lady Eve

Thank you for the kind words! Have fun using them!

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 5:15 PM
Wonderful stuff for landscaping! All it needs now is icky ticks and spiders to cause sims to freak out and brush off madly.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th May 2019 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Wonderful stuff for landscaping! All it needs now is icky ticks and spiders to cause sims to freak out and brush off madly.

Thanks Porkypine! Haha, yeah that would be nice

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 3:53 AM
One of the best mods ever. Sandbox is best box.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tiny_Echo
One of the best mods ever. Sandbox is best box.

Haha, thanks! Have fun using them!

Inventor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 7:43 PM
Thank you!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RedMallie
Thank you!!!

You're welcome!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 1:42 AM
It annoys me too why you can't walk through them.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nightingale21
It annoys me too why you can't walk through them.
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense... But now that problem is over. Sometimes matching them with the original ones is great too to make certain 'walk-paths'

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense... But now that problem is over. Sometimes matching them with the original ones is great too to make certain 'walk-paths'

I surely will do that! Actually, I think I will replace most of them LOL.

Just a lady who loves books, video games, cosplay and modeling! Feel free to add and befriend me: https://www.facebook.com/Nightingale211/
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nightingale21
I surely will do that! Actually, I think I will replace most of them LOL.
Haha :P

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 7:59 AM
Thank you so much for this mod. Actually, is your method of making this mod can be used for other objects? for example, the accessory object for Gigs "Ship Stern" or the back of the ship from the EP Get Famous. I want to make that object passable or not blocking my sim.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kuncen
Thank you so much for this mod. Actually, is your method of making this mod can be used for other objects? for example, the accessory object for Gigs "Ship Stern" or the back of the ship from the EP Get Famous. I want to make that object passable or not blocking my sim.
You're welcome! As for your question, I've also replied to your PM!

Page 1 of 2