Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

In-laws fix

by kestrellyn Posted 21st Apr 2018 at 3:11 AM - Updated 2nd Jul 2020 at 6:31 PM by kestrellyn : Added note about romantically involved in-laws

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 3:37 AM
Hallelujah!! Thank you! I was wondering if I just had to accept the fact that my sim's husband was also attracted to my sim's twin sister...and mom who also brown hair. Thank you for this :)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 12:52 PM
Thank you for share this, these little fixes are very useful for relationships.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 4:06 PM
Have you made any changes to this mod and the extended family mod since you first released them several years ago? I have the originals, just want to know if I need to update them. Also, will installing this mod as well as the extended family mod cause a reset?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 5:18 PM
There were changes made since I *first* released them, but not since the last time I updated them on MATY (extendedfamily was made to be more efficient, and inlawsfixnew was updated to include more in-laws).
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 6:58 PM
Hi! i would really like something like this, though you have not mentioned if this conflicts with Inteen, like your other mod does...I do have inteen, and would like to know please? Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#7 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
There were changes made since I *first* released them, but not since the last time I updated them on MATY (extendedfamily was made to be more efficient, and inlawsfixnew was updated to include more in-laws).

The versions that I have I downloaded from your old site which I believe were updated.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 7:29 PM Last edited by kestrellyn : 21st Apr 2018 at 8:22 PM.
@Rosebine, this should not conflict with InTeen unless InTeen also changes in-law relationships, but I don't know if it does or not. In any case, if there is a conflict, the mod loaded first will just not be used for in-law purposes, there should be no problems caused in game.

@LilSister - what matters is when you downloaded it. The last update I ever made to that page was the update to inlawsfixnew, that was on Christmas Eve of 2011.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 9:43 PM
Perfect then! I'll try this. Thanks again.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 11:43 PM
Fantastic! I once had a female sim kiss her father in law because I wasn't paying attention and mistakenly thought he was her husband. What a disaster that became! So yay for this :)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 7:38 AM
I've already downloaded this from MATY years ago (from the comments above, it seems to be the same version?), but I'll leave a thanks post because words can't express how much this has brought some needed changes in my game - no need to keep flagging in-laws as relatives to bar them from romantic interactions, and it's been especially useful with extended family as well.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 5:07 AM
I'm having a field day discovering your mods. I'm excited to try all of them , thank you for making these wonderful mods!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 3:23 AM
thank you! this greatly helps.
Instructor
#14 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 8:28 PM
Just wanted you to know that this conflicts with Boiling Oil's mod, "Step Family Romance", both the original and alternate versions. His mod allows step siblings to become romantically involved.....it's too bad I can't have one mod that incorporates the two behaviors, but I understand it probably doesn't work like that. Just wanted everyone to know.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 4:15 AM
Well, it sounds like that mod changes the same behavior, but in a different way. There's no way to have two different modifications to the same thing in your game. You either want his mod or my mod, there's no way to combine the two.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 6:16 AM
Ok, having looked at BO's mod, I see two problems with it:

1. It doesn't fix the original Maxis bug that this mod does.
2. Instead of checking for all step-family and in-law relationships that he wants to be recognized and then returning false if none of them apply, he specifically returns false if he finds a step-sibling relationship. This means that step-siblings can *never* be considered in-laws, even if one of them is married to a blood-related family member of the other.

I suppose I could fix these problems and make a "version" of this mod that allows you to romance step-siblings, but it would totally replace BO's mod, which I feel kind of weird about. If he is still modding, I think it would be better to ask him to fix his mod himself.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 10:42 AM
Excellent!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 1:47 AM
I have it working, but is it also supposed to show up in the relationship panel as family? For example, Elizabeth Aspir can only Family Kiss Luis Aspir (good), but he is not recognized as family in the relationships panel.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 1:58 AM
No, it doesn't change who shows up in the family panel or who has the family icon. I could do that, but it would be a big pain in the ass and require overriding things more likely to cause conflicts.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 10:07 PM
So the maxis one allows your cousins, grandchildren, and grandparents to hit on your spouse? Okay.
Inventor
#21 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nickgirdy55
So the maxis one allows your cousins, grandchildren, and grandparents to hit on your spouse? Okay.

No, the *new* one allows that, probably to be more compatible with polygamy mods. Maxis version disallows that.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 1:26 PM
Thank you so much for this! Coral Oldie (who lives with her daughter's family in my game, as did Herb until his recent passing) has been constantly swooning over Daniel (apparently she really has a thing thing for romance sims!) and I need to rein her in before something even more disturbing happens. LOL
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 2:00 AM
Hi Kestrellyn! The only question I have is if I have two brothers (Aaron and Adam Blackman) and two sisters of a different family (Calista and Catie Donderman) and one of each date each other with Aaron and Calista getting married first, does that stop Adam and Catie from being into each other with this mod? If not, say that I wanted Adam and Catie to get together but they were just friends, does this mod completely stop interactions of that nature between "In-Law" type sims who aren't trying to get involved with the married sims but the 'family' of those married sims (if that makes sense) -- like if Angela and Dustin married and Lillith was interested in Adult Beau?

Last Question is probably obvious, but say Mary-Sue had an Adult Sister and there's a storyline of Daniel being tempted to have an affair with that Sister, this Mod would disallow that, right?

Thank you! Love this mod and your Extended Family mod! <3

MICAHMicah
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 3:05 AM
The mod disallows romance between the married sim and the relatives of their spouse, so yes, if Mary-Sue had a sister Daniel would not be able to romance her. However, it doesn't prevent relatives of a married sim from romancing relatives of the other married sim, only romances between one of the married sims and the other sim's relatives are disallowed. So the other two scenarios would be allowed. And also, in the Mary-Sue case, if Daniel had somehow romanced Mary-Sue's sister before he married Mary-Sue and had crush or love flags with her, he could continue to romance the sister after he married Mary-Sue. Some things might not work right for that couple without additional mods, but if you install my other mods to make polygamy work right (which don't for the most part actually enable polygamy without other mods) things should work right in that case as well.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 7:08 AM
Thank you
Page 1 of 2