Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The House on Hunter Mill

by daman19942 Posted 19th May 2018 at 11:30 PM - Updated 14th Jul 2021 at 9:22 PM by daman19942 : description

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:19 AM
Perfect house. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th May 2018 at 9:47 AM
Wow I love the layout and colour scheme, your work is pretty cool, I have a lot of your stuff :-)
Scholar
#4 Old 20th May 2018 at 2:41 PM
That's an amazing house! I love the way you took the pictures and the whole design of the house! Looks like it was taken from a TV show. Incredible work! Congratulations!
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st May 2018 at 12:33 AM
Sorry but I have to report a routing problem. My sims can go down the basement stairs just fine, but when they try to go back up it they just turn around at the top step and go back down! Their trapped in the basement and I can't get rid of the railing to the basement stairs because the game must think its invisible, not allowing me to delete it no matter what I try. I hope this is something that can be fixed :/ Edit: I deleted the staircase above and the basement stairs work fine now, but I'm not sure what to do about the staircase that led to the second floor since I can't put it back.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st May 2018 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JustSome
Sorry but I have to report a routing problem. My sims can go down the basement stairs just fine, but when they try to go back up it they just turn around at the top step and go back down! Their trapped in the basement and I can't get rid of the railing to the basement stairs because the game must think its invisible, not allowing me to delete it no matter what I try. I hope this is something that can be fixed :/ Edit: I deleted the staircase above and the basement stairs work fine now, but I'm not sure what to do about the staircase that led to the second floor since I can't put it back.

I'm sorry to hear this. I've just gone back into the house and I'm not having the same routing issue as you. I even took a video to show the proper routing. I have tried clicking on the staircase to "Use Stairs" and also clicking on a basement object directly and the sims route from first floor to basement, and back to first floor with no problem. See the below video for an example.

View My Video or http://tinypic.com/r/5xsm5w/9

Instead of deleting the staircase, maybe delete the column next to it? That or the double-door arch at the top of the staircase from the basement. Not certain these will solve your problem since I can't recreate the error on my end. As for the staircase that you can't put back, I would delete the column and archway and try to place again. It may be conflicting and you will have to re-add those with moveobjects.

Let me know if you have any success with this or any other methods.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd May 2018 at 2:29 AM
I was able to replace the basement stairs without any problems besides deleting the pillars, and fits in perfectly telling me nothing objects being in the way but they still go back down. They would only work if I got rid of the stairs above, and I think the reason is because the stairs are too low which doesn't give my Sims enough space to walk up and out of the basement. I tried this house on another save but they worked perfectly fine without issues. Could it be something with the terrain?
Instructor
#8 Old 22nd May 2018 at 3:13 PM
I was able to replace the basement stairs without any problems besides deleting the pillars, and fits in perfectly telling me nothing objects being in the way but they still go back down. They would only work if I got rid of the stairs above, and I think the reason is because the stairs are too low which doesn't give my Sims enough space to walk up and out of the basement. I tried this house on another save but they worked perfectly fine without issues. Could it be something with the terrain?

Maybe it is the "stacked stairs bug"? I have struggled with this problem a few months ago and this thread helped me a lot:
http://modthesims.info/t/409040
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
Maybe it is the "stacked stairs bug"? I have struggled with this problem a few months ago and this thread helped me a lot:
http://modthesims.info/t/409040
Turns out the stairs were facing the glitched direction and I moved the house to a different lot, works perfectly fine now. Thanks for the help :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th May 2018 at 9:16 PM
Turns out the stairs were facing the glitched direction and I moved the house to a different lot, works perfectly fine now. Thanks for the help :D

Good to hear! And thanks floraflora for helping out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 4:13 PM
Thank you. It's really pretty!!