Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2018 at 3:20 PM
Default Rumor on TS 5
It will be sad if it is true.

http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/

Quote:
Update 4-23-2018

Another person claiming to be a former employee - SilverArrow20XX from ResetEra - comments on The Sims 4 layoffs and shift to mobile:

Been expecting this since Sims 4 released. I did QA for Sims 3 and 4 for a few years. We kept supporting Sims 3 in full force for its entire lifetime up until the release push for Sims 4. As soon as 4 released though, they moved us all to different projects (mostly mobile) and it only had a small skeleton team.

Source: Thanks Dorsal Axe

Filed under rumor and speculation for now.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st May 2018 at 3:37 PM
Parts of it sound a lot like what a Simmer who's disgruntled with Sims 4 would say. But if it's true it doesn't really change anything for me. After Sims 4 (and in my opinion 3) I'm not confident that Sims 5, if it came out, would be the one to "turn it all around" or anything. It'd just be another Sims 4, only more so.

As it has been aid many times, I think the best hope we probably have is if Paradox or someone else picks up the slack and releases a good Life Simulation.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Theorist
#3 Old 21st May 2018 at 4:36 PM
I clicked on this thread hoping there was something new! If we accept that it's true EA hasn't begun developing a Sims 5 yet it almost doesn't even matter to me what they're doing at this point considering it takes 4 or 5 years to develop a proper Sims game.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st May 2018 at 5:30 PM
I think that instead of doing one itteration of the game, they separated the team into part to rework olympus into Sims 4 and another part to work on Sims Mobile, with the assets already in place. The only reasoning mobile did not came first and then Sims 4 is the success rate.

Sims 4 would overshadow mobile release really really strongly, so they firstly released that game, hastly, but with intent to still stay somewhat true to the previous ones to get as much community to "buy" the joke before they run it completely to the ground so they could shift focus on mobile.
The Pet Stuff DLC-DLC and guru's snarky commentary that's been circling around lately is just probably the beginning of the business plan to get sims 4 killed so that focus of their desired audience shifts and mobile could thrive, where they can charge those insane prices for items that already exist in PC release.

Let's face it. Sims 4 lately, and possibly even from the start is just an advertisement for mobile. They know their targeted audience well enough to know they would get "Jealous" or "Miss their PC sims on their mobiles" and try to get their games as close to the PC counterparts as they can which would make them pay those insane prices.

Ofcourse, this is all a speculation since there is no, and will possibly never be any hard evidence how this functions inside EA HQ's war trenches and tunnels called game development. But I see this as something EA would totally do.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st May 2018 at 5:31 PM
I doubt by this point (after being disappointed by 3 and 4) I would bother buying it either way. If they did make a Sims 5, they'd have to come up with a better selling point than "emotions" and "open world" because those features grew boring pretty quickly and exposed the lack of depth or creativity the games held.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st May 2018 at 5:51 PM
There is nothing like the Sims 2 and may never be again.

Open world is not for Sims games and they if they do bring back a new one its needs to be in the style of Sims 1 and 2.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#7 Old 21st May 2018 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
There is nothing like the Sims 2 and may never be again.

Open world is not for Sims games and they if they do bring back a new one its needs to be in the style of Sims 1 and 2.

The Open World as it was implemented in Sims 3 just took away too much choice and control from the player, it made it very difficult to have the sort of multi-household storylines that are so awesome in Sims 2.

But I think it could be implemented, just make the town the open world (sort of like a giant community lot) while handling the households like in Sims 2 (or at least give the player the choice to have the households handled like in Sims 2) it would definitely be doable, if they cared enough to try it.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st May 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion

But I think it could be implemented, just make the town the open world (sort of like a giant community lot) while handling the households like in Sims 2 (or at least give the player the choice to have the households handled like in Sims 2) it would definitely be doable, if they cared enough to try it.

I actually would prefer this than "lol nope, hate it, scratch it and ignore the other kind of players that like the feature". Story Progression and Open World are too different mechanics. closed worlds can still have story progression in theory. Though If Story Progression does get bring up, I rather have it fully customizable, or If that's for some reason can't live up to expectations: a on/off option would do. When it's off, each save for different household slot would have respective time where the sims left of (basically, rotation-player friendly).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st May 2018 at 10:38 PM
I'll buy another Sims game when they bring out one where I can go and join my TS2 Sims in Veronaville, and live with them there forever. "Goodbye cruel world!"

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st May 2018 at 10:45 PM
All any Sims 5 will be for is mobile. They've dumbed the game down enough so that it can replace any of the FB games now available. But DLC will be a premium item, for sure!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 21st May 2018 at 10:47 PM
It wouldn't bother me at all. With their track record for Sims 3 and 4, 5 wouldn't be worth looking at unless they actually consulted players first to ask them what they wanted. Nope Sims 2 is fine for me. It's held my attention for well over 10 years and will continue to do so.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st May 2018 at 11:37 PM
While playing around TS4 today, it made me think: "How cool If developers had sort of way to have us be involved in lets-design-our-own-game-together by engaging in poles and questions and what not, while of course not really revealing what they're working on a certain time of the day but keeping the promise that they are following the fanbase popular demand feedback and finding a compromised consensus and thus that would possibly allow us to get a perfect stable game we all wanted of all installments. Oh gosh I could, unfortunately, only fantasize about it *_*

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd May 2018 at 4:13 PM Last edited by Alex5 : 22nd May 2018 at 4:25 PM.
Sims 5 will be released when they finish their working for The Sims 4, like they finish working for The sims 3 before Sims 4 released, also, like finish working for Sims 2 and before sims 3 released too

That's my opinion
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd May 2018 at 5:00 PM
I am not going to waste my money on another sims (Number 5/6/7/8/9/2000) again - so it makes no difference to my whatsoever.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#15 Old 22nd May 2018 at 7:07 PM
Long live Sims 2. I liked Sims 3, but Sims 2 has my heart and unless a new Sims game took the best of Sims 2 and improved it enormously I won't be buying anything new Sims related.
Alchemist
#16 Old 22nd May 2018 at 9:48 PM
about asking players what they wanted; Maxis/EA seemed to pay attention to comments on the forums. at least when Sims2's main site was active.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 22nd May 2018 at 10:45 PM
Noooooo EA- don't make another one! There are not enough hours in the day to play Sims 1, 2, 3 and 4 as it is. If there was a Sims 5 to play too, I might just have to give up sleeping or something.
Instructor
#18 Old 23rd May 2018 at 1:45 AM
Why keep making new versions. Why not just keep reinventing what's out there now and adding on to it. Oh wait, SNAP, MONEY, you'll spend your money having to start all over again lol.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#19 Old 23rd May 2018 at 2:20 AM Last edited by Simonut : 24th May 2018 at 1:55 AM.
All I can say is that is why it is so important for players who have Sims 1, 2, 3, or 4 to keep there CDs or whatever method you have of the game. I really don't care about the other Sims versions because in my own personally opinion Sims 2 is the best version. EA since Sims 2 have been trying to add here and there to the newest version of the Sims.

But in truth there ideas are all being taking from Sims 2 I think Maxis / EA biggest steps in the right direction came when they follow up from Sims 1 to Sims 2.
After that it seems to have went down hill, they should have listen and did a group questions with Sims 2 players as to what to or add to make each version rise above Sims 2 to Sims 3 and 4 It seem they fail.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd May 2018 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
Why keep making new versions. Why not just keep reinventing what's out there now and adding on to it. Oh wait, SNAP, MONEY, you'll spend your money having to start all over again lol.

Thing is, If they managed to outdone even TS2 and its level of quality I bet with my whole hearth in honesty that would just even also do good for the business and anybody on that end that's not a consumer (well, them included If we were talking about as a whole). Thinking that would give less money or nothing would differ much is the wrong way of looking at that thing and the reasons why the sims studio just slacks off.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:36 PM Last edited by Alex5 : 23rd May 2018 at 12:47 PM.
The Sims 2 is my love and i've been playing since 2008 but sims 2 is really making a fun, interesting, laughing, funny for me for years but i can't play any other sims like 3 or 4 but i don't care about Sims 5, so forget it, but i will continue to play The Sims 2
Mad Poster
#22 Old 23rd May 2018 at 1:00 PM
I loved sims 1, but uninstalled it the day after I bought sims 2. Not that I didn't still love it, I just knew where my heart belonged. I bought sims 3 and have played it in the past. I was playing rotationally with sims 2, but I found myself longing for my sims 2 whenever I logged on to the other, so I uninstalled it as well. I bought the base game for sims 4 when they patched it to add toddlers. I played it one time. That was 50 bucks well spent. IMO they've spent the last two versions of the game breaking what they had right. All they needed to do with sims 2 was keep the engines updated and keep adding more updated content. That's all.

They can develop 5 all they want, but I'm really not interested in playing a mobile game that is that complicated.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 23rd May 2018 at 1:00 PM
I highly doubt that any Sims game that EA come up with will be worth bothering with. I would love to be proven wrong but I am not holding my breath. A redone, better Sims 2 with a semi-open world similar to Skyrim would be my dream. Right now I will be satisfied if I can get my game working again let alone think about any possible Sims 5.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#24 Old 23rd May 2018 at 1:01 PM
Oh, it's still not working?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 23rd May 2018 at 2:07 PM
Still not working. My Nvidea card finally arrived though, so it's going back in again tomorrow.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 4