Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nutese
I'd like to have Oasis Landing for TS2, but it would need too much CC.

I'd really love to have Midnight Hollow in Sims 2, but again...too much CC

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 8:52 PM
i'd love to see a fully converted sunset valley

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Theorist
#53 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 9:52 PM
Sunset valley isn't really my taste.
But I am surprised that nobody ever did try to recreate it... Old Town from Sims 1 has been recreated for Sims 2. Old Town and the Sims 2 neighbourhoods have been recreated for Sims 3, so it's a bit strange that Sunset Valley has never been recreated for Sims 2... SV for Sims 2 seems like something that should have happened a long time ago.

I'd also like to see the expanded version of Strange Town from one of the console titles with Mamba Loa and those other characters. Or that Sims 3 town that was located on another planet.

Scholar
#54 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Or that Sims 3 town that was located on another planet.

you mean lunar lakes? i think aileen landing is the closest we'll get to that.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Alchemist
#55 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 9:58 PM
I'd love to have a recreation of Magic Town, and a film noir type hood with all the objects, clothing and hair default replaced.
Theorist
#56 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
you mean lunar lakes? i think aileen landing is the closest we'll get to that.

That's true, and so far it's even looking very good. Can't wait for the final version.

Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I'd love to have a recreation of Magic Town, and a film noir type hood with all the objects, clothing and hair default replaced.

I'd freaking love a film noir type hood, maybe even with everything modded to appear in black and white, like an old movie. :lovestruc

There are some recreations of magic town. None of them is actually "magical" but well...https://voleste.dreamwidth.org/10056.html

Instructor
#57 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 11:21 PM
While we're at it with the recreations... I'd love a recreation of San Myshuno
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mirantia
Oh, if you are able to make it, please share it! I'd love to have that hood for my sims . I don't have SC4 either..:@.

@Mirantia I've made the library at least
Doesn't look the best, but I think it at least has a good-enough resemblance to it.

There are a couple of things I need to do to finish it though.
Test Subject
#59 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 4:55 PM Last edited by Mirantia : 18th Jun 2018 at 5:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
@Mirantia I've made the library at least
Doesn't look the best, but I think it at least has a good-enough resemblance to it.

There are a couple of things I need to do to finish it though.

I love it! I'm terrible at making buildings and houses, so I don't do that :P. But I love the way you made the library. If you make more things, I'd love to download them in my hood :D. (I guess we could be a team now; You make the houses and I can make the characters

Also, if I can give you some feedback:Would it be possible to make that black roof of the clocktower flat with a white border around it (the way you did the second floor of the whole building). It isn't that bad, but if I look at the picture, that's the first thing I notice to be a little bit off from the actual building .

I hope you don't mind the feedback. I really do like the recreation
Alchemist
#60 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 7:44 PM
Wasn't storybrooke always the same in all curses? I thought the curses only changed what would happen to you when you try to leave town (forgetting, turning into a monkey or a tree etc)
some of the curses I take added additional houses.
and there was one more "curse" in the series finale (season 7). that Storybrooke seemed to look like the enchanted forest.

edit:: and after each curse was broken, there seemed to be differences in the town border effects than from their respective curse.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
i'd love to see a fully converted sunset valley

There's a simmer on Tumblr that is recreating it to The Sims 2.
Test Subject
#62 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
some of the curses I take added additional houses.
and there was one more "curse" in the series finale (season 7). that Storybrooke seemed to look like the enchanted forest.

edit:: and after each curse was broken, there seemed to be differences in the town border effects than from their respective curse.

Oh, Yes! The last curse was amazing! They just took all of the magical realms together and put it into storybrooke with the actual storybrooke still existing! I'd love that one, but probably too hard to make :P. Didn't think about that last curse for a moment

Yes, the town border effects was what I meant too :P.
Test Subject
#63 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:49 PM
Another recreation I'd like to see : a blending of Studio Town (TS1 Superstar) and Urbzville/Miniopolis (both versions of The Urbz). Some lots might me hard to build, but the final result can be amazing.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#64 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 4:41 PM
I love it! I'm terrible at making buildings and houses, so I don't do that :P. But I love the way you made the library. If you make more things, I'd love to download them in my hood :D. (I guess we could be a team now; You make the houses and I can make the characters

Also, if I can give you some feedback:Would it be possible to make that black roof of the clocktower flat with a white border around it (the way you did the second floor of the whole building). It isn't that bad, but if I look at the picture, that's the first thing I notice to be a little bit off from the actual building .

I hope you don't mind the feedback. I really do like the recreation

omg imagine a storybrooke project
I don't mind feedback! I'd been thinking the same anyway The octagonal roof does some weird thing when you try to make it flat, it cuts through the wall of the room below it almost? Like this:

I only put it there to hide the square edges of the clock tower, the clock tower was a bit too big for the tower I'd made to put it on and it hangs over the edge. The limitations of CC I guess
I tried to put the fence that I used around the edge of the normal roof there, and it looks better. Still minor clippage, but much better.
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:49 PM
I see what you mean with clipping through. But I don't think it's that noticable though.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#66 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 6:17 PM
I tried to put the fence that I used around the edge of the normal roof there, and it looks better. Still minor clippage, but much better.

It looks great! Very much like the original.

What I would do would be to use 'boolProp snapobjectstogrid false' and 'moveobjects on' and move the clock tower bit back very slightly; this may make it more noticeable at the back, but the front will look perfect.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#67 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:53 PM
I ended up making my own Emma face archetype I was messing around with sliders (I wasn't trying to make her, I had full plans of using Mirantia's version) and this one turned out just like her. I added some face details and WOOMPH, it's Jennifer Morrison! I'll probably use this one because it is VERY rare that I can make a sim that looks like a real person

Also, @Mirantia, I found a car that's exactly like Emma's car, Herbie...

(it's really strange, my Emma looks nothing like yours, Mirantia, but they both look like her? Weeeiiiird )
Test Subject
#68 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 11:27 PM
I've always wanted to make a neighborhood full of paranormals, with a custom Uni just for them. Coffins in dorm rooms for the vampires, HUGE cafeterias for the werewolves. But I'd have to make it with all custom townies/dormies, or else game-generated human dormies would claim the dorm rooms with coffins. And how would vampires get to class without burning up in the sun? (Put a dorm exit for them on the very edge of the lot?)
Test Subject
#69 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:00 AM
I ended up making my own Emma face archetype I was messing around with sliders (I wasn't trying to make her, I had full plans of using Mirantia's version) and this one turned out just like her. I added some face details and WOOMPH, it's Jennifer Morrison! I'll probably use this one because it is VERY rare that I can make a sim that looks like a real person

Also, @Mirantia, I found a car that's exactly like Emma's car, Herbie...

(it's really strange, my Emma looks nothing like yours, Mirantia, but they both look like her? Weeeiiiird )

she looks very cool :D. And thanks for the car! I'll download that for her :D
Alchemist
#70 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:26 PM
About Emma's car; as far as I recall, it did not have a name.
Herbie was mostly white; with 53 in a circle over the hood.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:29 PM
About Emma's car; as far as I recall, it did not have a name.
Herbie was mostly white; with 53 in a circle over the hood.

The creators of OUAT were the creators of Lost, and they've confirmed that she calls her car Herbie as well
Alchemist
#72 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:08 PM
another neighborhood that might be interesting to see might be Marvel's Cinematic Universe; kind of a combo of movies and tv shows.
or maybe any cartoon equivalent of that series. "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" was one.
both are beyond my skill to make.
Theorist
#73 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:38 PM
another neighborhood that might be interesting to see might be Marvel's Cinematic Universe; kind of a combo of movies and tv shows.
or maybe any cartoon equivalent of that series. "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" was one.
both are beyond my skill to make.

There was a topic about Neighbourhoods based off TV shows and other franchises a while back. I remember somebody mentioned making an Archie neighbourhood (that sounds like a really good fit for Sims 2, actually) and I had a couple of failed X-Men hoods as a kid. i always got disappointed that I couldn't give them actual mutant powers and abandoned the neighborhood.

Mad Poster
#74 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 10:21 PM
Projects I will never have time for: One Decade Per Hood

Make over each premade hood, one per the first six decades of the 20th century. No computers, no hot tubs. Appliances, electronics, modes of transportation, etc., restricted as appropriate.

Pleasantview is the teens. The Goths are wealthy and eccentric and even have an automobile. Mary Sue Oldie married that sportsman Daniel Pleasant thirteen years ago because she Had To. Jennifer Pleasant chose unwisely when she married a farmer. The Caliente sisters assume that their faces must be their fortunes. Dr. Lothario is a gay blade. The widow Broke takes in washing and worries about her sons keeping bad company.

Belladonna Cove roars through the 20s! Geoff Rutherford and his sidekick Connor roar around town in their fancy Bearcat with their hair slicked down, and some of the non-apartment dwellers have flivvers - certainly Gabriel Green does. The coffee shop will spike your drink if you speak the correct code word to the correct waiter and slip him the correct tip, and is frequented by flappers like Chastity Geare and Jessica Peterson. Everyone has their own juicy version of where Armand de Bateau's ward came from.

Riverblossom Hills is the 30s. Almost everyone in town loses their jobs when the crash hits and has to scramble for a living, farming and founding owned businesses on a shoestring. No gamer jobs, no music jobs, and no one's family funds will ever be quite the same.

Veronaville is the 40s and the Montys and Capps are on opposite sides. The canal forms a disputed border, or perhaps the Capps' side has an army of occupation in place on the Monty side. In any case, the main theater of the war is elsewhere, but the partisan activities on both sides are intense.

Desiderata Valley is the 50s, obviously, and John Mole is out to catch the closet Commies! He's highly suspicious of Natasha Una's "grilled cheese for everyone" philosophy. Rick Contrary listens to that rock and roll noise and dresses like a beatnik. Violet Jocque rocks a poodle skirt and chafes at the restrictions on girls' sports.

Strangetown, of course, exists in the 60s. Computers are huge, bulky, and expensive. Ripp wears tie-dye and a headband, Jenny wears a beehive. Chloe wears a mini skirt and go-go boots. The Beakers are using Nervous to test their psychedelics. General Grunt is convinced that the aliens and the hippies are all in bed with the Soviet Union.

No one, of course, has enough CC to do all of these.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#75 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:51 AM
I've always wanted to do a '20's themed hood-even have a lot of the CC required. But it would take a lot of juggling around to make it even semi-believable. Because not everyone owned cars back then, not everyone worked, either..and other assorted problems. But it'd be fun to do. Besides, those Bearcats are so awesome looking!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 3 of 4