Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Multiple jobs for your sims

by Galaxy777 Posted 19th Jul 2018 at 5:01 PM - Updated 20th Jul 2018 at 12:30 AM by Galaxy777 : Update

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:32 PM
oh yes! thank you! If I have the mod that allows adults teen careers, would I be able to have them both, too?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:01 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:37 PM
OMG I've been hoping someone would figure this out, but is this compatible with custom careers and the work from home custom careers? I'm not sure how the file altering thing works, and I have no idea if those apply.
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:02 PM
i have one of my sims retired from one career from when her kids where young so she could be a stay at home mom but now they are grown could i use this to give her a second job and still collect the retirement checks?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 11:13 PM
will this conflict with mod I made for myself changing work days/hours?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
oh yes! thank you! If I have the mod that allows adults teen careers, would I be able to have them both, too?

If you mean this mod , then no, you wouldn't. And honestly this mod for teen careers is outdated right now. If you want, i can add version of my mod for teen.

Quote: Originally posted by ModsMom3
OMG I've been hoping someone would figure this out, but is this compatible with custom careers and the work from home custom careers? I'm not sure how the file altering thing works, and I have no idea if those apply.

Yes, it's compatible with custom careers, because they have their own career tuning files and don't override EA career tuning files.

Quote: Originally posted by DreadfulButterfly
will this conflict with mod I made for myself changing work days/hours?

If you changed only career level tuning files and didn't change base career tuning files, so it will. In the description for this mod you can see all files i changed.

Quote: Originally posted by dault3883
i have one of my sims retired from one career from when her kids where young so she could be a stay at home mom but now they are grown could i use this to give her a second job and still collect the retirement checks?

Thank you so much for you asked about that! I totally forgot about the retirement.
Ok. I don't know about checks but i updated my mod and now sims can retire again.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:35 AM
Does this conflict with KawaiiStacies find jobs for children?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HumALittle
Does this conflict with KawaiiStacies find jobs for children?

If you mean "Kawaiistacie’s After School Activity Mod", then no, it doesn't.
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:01 AM
How does it work? Won't career times conflict with each other as all careers are in the morning?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 1:01 PM
I was wondering the same thing as Omar ^
Do you have to find careers that don't conflict?

Either way, this is super cool and something I've wanted for a while so thanks~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 3:08 PM
yes, I would be grateful if you made your own version of the teen careers for adults and vice versa mod
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Omar
How does it work? Won't career times conflict with each other as all careers are in the morning?

This mod let your sims have more than one career at the same time. Your sim can be a doctor in the morning and a chef in the evening. Of course in Sims 4 there is not a big choice between a half-part careers or evening/night careers and etc, but in real life it's all the same. Btw, you can download mod "Part Time Careers (TS3 to TS4)" and use it with EA full-time careers and my mod. :-)

Quote: Originally posted by Daniewrathh
I was wondering the same thing as Omar ^
Do you have to find careers that don't conflict?

Either way, this is super cool and something I've wanted for a while so thanks~

What exactly do you mean? If you mean working time, then you can download this mod. If you mean conflicts with other mods, then my mod doesn't conflict with all custom careers. :-)
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:56 PM
Does this mod work with part time jobs for adults? Such as the one here?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 9:41 AM
I don't usually comment but I think this is one of the best mods I have in my game right now.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:54 AM
I’ve always thought about this myself so I’m so happy to finally see a mod that lets me do it! Thank you!
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 7:11 PM
Hi! I'm loving this mod, thank you! If I may add a suggestion, it would be wonderful if you could make it work with kawaiistacie's university mod! the university classes behave like a career, so I tried to have my young adult sim enrolled in classes AND having a part time job (I use casf's teen careers for all). I know for a fact that the issue is with the university student career because I can make the same sim have both an adult career and a teen career using the teen careers for all mod, but I can't have any other career in addition to university classes. my sims are poor students, pls help :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:32 PM
Hey, buddy, the mod is awesome! but, there is a bug, sometimes a job just disappear! Can you fix it, please? <3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 6:30 AM
If I have one job between 3:00-5:00 and another at 4:00-6:00 what will happen? Won't this time conflict cause a problem? Does that mean we'll have to manually pick careers that won't have time conflicts?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:25 AM
Thank you! My sim needs to be level 3 in 3 carreers. She has 2 because of school, but I don`t want her to quit a job in which she`s really succesfull to get another one. So I like this idea.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 5:05 PM
In addition to the scheduling conflict questions, would this interfere with NoelleBellefleur's Work From Home mods?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 3:48 AM
Juggling careers has a new groove!!
Thanks for releasing this mod Galaxy777.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 4:36 AM
This is such an awesome mod! I'm so excited but it's acting buggy. My second career will randomly just disappear and i have to start over with all progress lost.
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 11:47 AM
I, too, have noticed that when I reload a household the second career is missing. The second career also disappears if I get a promotion in one of the careers. On another note, my career outfit will always be from the second career chosen (my teen sim even started going to school dressed as a manual worker).
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alad93
Hi! I'm loving this mod, thank you! If I may add a suggestion, it would be wonderful if you could make it work with kawaiistacie's university mod! the university classes behave like a career, so I tried to have my young adult sim enrolled in classes AND having a part time job (I use casf's teen careers for all). I know for a fact that the issue is with the university student career because I can make the same sim have both an adult career and a teen career using the teen careers for all mod, but I can't have any other career in addition to university classes. my sims are poor students, pls help :P

I don't have casf's Teen Careers for all mod but I do have Kawaiistacie's University Mod and I found that My sim couldn't join a class if I chose it as my first career but If I chose it second, it worked just fine. I also, somehow, gave my sim 3 jobs - 2 careers and the University classes. I didn't play through that when it happened but I guess, more than 2 jobs could be an option.
Page 1 of 4