Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Power Outages V1.4b

by flerb Posted 30th Aug 2018 at 6:56 PM - Updated 23rd Jul 2020 at 6:34 AM by flerb : update

179 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 130 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 7:11 PM
What agreat idea - I'll install Right away!!! Thank you, and üplease more of those!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 7:32 PM
I just had a thunderstorm in my game and thought it'd be nice if the power could go out. Thank you for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 8:27 PM
Very cool idea!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 9:32 PM
YES! I've been wanting something like this! Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 10:28 PM
Amazing! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 10:39 PM
Such a cool idea! I'm excited to try it out
Scholar
#8 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:53 PM
Great idea!
would the apartments in San Myshuno be considered first story for that matter unless they have 2 floors, or how would it work there?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 12:00 AM
Nice! such a well thought out mod, it feels like it should have been in the expansion!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 12:52 AM
This is AWESOME! I occasionally lose power IRL when there's a thunderstorm, now my Sims have to go thru the same thing occasionally muahahahahaha >:D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 1:55 AM
awesome idea!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 2:12 AM
Brilliant! Is it possible to tune the time length for power outage?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lulu_c
Brilliant! Is it possible to tune the time length for power outage?

I want to randomize it soon. All that needs to be done is randomize the timer, but there's not an easy way of doing that outside of a script. I gotta learn to python!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Great idea!
would the apartments in San Myshuno be considered first story for that matter unless they have 2 floors, or how would it work there?

There's no terrain on the lot so it will never happen in an apt. However, in the cheap apts with the utility electrical box, I think there's something in the base game involving lightning. I didn't look too deeply at that tho. I did hack apart the utility box to make this mod.

It should work on business lots you own and vacation lots.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mozziman
This is AWESOME! I occasionally lose power IRL when there's a thunderstorm, now my Sims have to go thru the same thing occasionally muahahahahaha >:D

I kid you not my power went out while I was wrapping this up yesterday. Luckily I saved.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 4:18 AM
Sweet! If only the rain in my world didn't last the entire spring. But I do love the idea of the power randomly going out.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 6:45 AM
sounds interesting! love it
So realistic!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:56 AM
This is COOL!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:57 AM
This is a fantastic idea! Can't wait to play with this in my game! Thank you.
Scholar
#20 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
There's no terrain on the lot so it will never happen in an apt. However, in the cheap apts with the utility electrical box, I think there's something in the base game involving lightning. I didn't look too deeply at that tho. I did hack apart the utility box to make this mod.

It should work on business lots you own and vacation lots.

Thanks for your reply, I'll keep this mod in mind when I'll move out from San Myshuno
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 3:13 PM
I absolutely, unconditionally love this! )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whitequeen73
I absolutely, unconditionally love this! )

:lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 3:41 AM
Thanks!!! this is.....lit.

ha ha ha get it?, I crack myself up. I am here all week.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 6:46 AM
This is a great addition to gameplay, weather can become pretty mundane when your sims really don't pay much attention to it or just run inside. But this really adds the type of immersion I'm looking for, keep up the good job!
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 8:41 AM
After installing the mod, I used the weather machine to generate numerous "power outages." Of the 10+ thunderstorms I generated, I managed to have the power go "out" twice, and both times my Sims were able to watch TV and use the computer while the lights were still on. Not sure where the issue is, but I uninstalled the mod immediately. Cool idea, but definitely needs work.
Page 1 of 8