Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 2:27 PM
Default Which is better to play with main mods, Sims 3 or Sims 4?
Hello!
I have been playing Sims 4 since it came out, and havent played Sims 3 for years. So, when you put all necessary mods in both games, which one is better to play? Which one would you recommend?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 4:02 AM
Sigh. This will start a major war/battle/rant/debate/whatever here...... again. This is something only you can decide for yourself. Each game has good and bad things. You own both. Play each a bit and then you will know what you like most.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 4:58 AM
*grabs popcorn*

The question is a bit like "Do you prefer apples or banana's?" While forgetting about the peaches and plums sitting right there in the bowl. >cough< there are four sims games >cough< I'll say Sims 2

I doubt you will get the answer you are after because everyone likes the game they like.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
*grabs popcorn*

The question is a bit like "Do you prefer apples or banana's?" While forgetting about the peaches and plums sitting right there in the bowl. >cough< there are four sims games >cough< I'll say Sims 2

I doubt you will get the answer you are after because everyone likes the game they like.

You are totally right! This discussion/debate has been going on for over 4 years and if we include 2 even longer. We each have our preference and that is how it should be. There are some good things about 4 but I happen to still like 3 the most. And I totally enjoyed 1 and 2 when played them.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 9:46 AM
Besides, what are these "main mods"? The World of modding is huge, and when that definition doesn't specify the answers really based to each thousand individual with mods that exist over a million. NRass/MCCC, I think threads like The Great Sims 1/2/3/4 thread and alike ones are relevant to your question. With or without mods, the game core with vanilla is not that far from making a huge leap difference If you have them or not imo.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 10:23 AM
I mean, mods that enhance gameplay, mods that gives more events in the game, more personality to sims, more interactions, and for example is there any mod in Sims 3 that make sims look better, and not like mannequin, something like that, and i am not talking about CAS cc. I want to play Sims 3 again because of open world and no loading screens when I want to visit a lot next to my house. So my main question is "Can Sims 3 be a lot of better than Sims 4 with those mods"?
Stupid people are stupid
#7 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 11:57 AM
*grabs popcorn*

Don't choke on that popcorn... :P
One Minute Ninja'd
#8 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ninjarope
I mean, mods that enhance gameplay, mods that gives more events in the game, more personality to sims, more interactions, and for example is there any mod in Sims 3 that make sims look better, and not like mannequin, something like that, and i am not talking about CAS cc. I want to play Sims 3 again because of open world and no loading screens when I want to visit a lot next to my house. So my main question is "Can Sims 3 be a lot of better than Sims 4 with those mods"?

I'll try to steer clear of the elephant in the room. What I did to avoid generic ugly sims in 3 was to first, stock up on lots of sims in my sim bin that were attractive. Then, depopulate the town. Then use NRAAS SP to repopulate the world with x number of sims I wanted, and to use the bin as the "genetic material" to base all those sims are, with the exception of the sim/household in the bin I planned to actually use. I can't remember the precise values for genetics I set, but it was pretty high. That cut down the risks of identical twins wandering around. 95% of the generated sims were attractive. Maybe 5% were genetically deformed beyond all help and were culled. While I do not support eugenics, this is the Sims and not the real world.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 2:20 PM
Which is better to play with main mods, Sims 3 or Sims 4?

Sims 2.

*Hides*
Scholar
#10 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I'll try to steer clear of the elephant in the room. What I did to avoid generic ugly sims in 3 was to first, stock up on lots of sims in my sim bin that were attractive. Then, depopulate the town. Then use NRAAS SP to repopulate the world with x number of sims I wanted, and to use the bin as the "genetic material" to base all those sims are, with the exception of the sim/household in the bin I planned to actually use. I can't remember the precise values for genetics I set, but it was pretty high. That cut down the risks of identical twins wandering around. 95% of the generated sims were attractive. Maybe 5% were genetically deformed beyond all help and were culled. While I do not support eugenics, this is the Sims and not the real world.

What settings did you use to make the game generate attractive sims? I'm getting tired of seeing clones spawn and roam around the town.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 3:06 PM

Then my answer would be TS4 I guess. It's mods have much more flexibility and appeal to it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 4:23 PM
Play Sims 3 or Sims 4? That's like asking do you prefer your spouse or your lover. They're both good at different things.
I like the CAS in Sims 4, except for that grin all the sims have that look like the Joker.
I like CAW in Sims 3 more than the same in Sims 4, because in Sims 4 there is no CAW.
I like being able to recolor in Sim 3 without having to make a mod in Sims 4 Studio.
Being able to make new traits for Sims 4 in Zerbu's mod constructor! Epic.
I like the modding tools in Sims 4; I'm already making new items and traits and I never got that far in Sims 3 mod.
Out of the "big" mods - both versions of the game have big buggy mods that try to be everything to everyone by setting preferences. What do I mean by that? Take NRAAS Story progression for Sims 3; it's a huge mod with all kinds of settings and it has a bit of a learning curve to get it the way you want.
Sims 4 runs okay even on my most puny computer. I'm on my second Sims 3 computer because of overheat, and this computer is held together with duck tape and glue cuz running Sims 3 in full graphics glory causes it to overheat.

Sims are better than us.
Smeg Head
#13 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 7:56 PM
That one that had sims in it, that was good. Not as good as the other one that had sims in it. But then they made another one with sims in it, and that was okay I guess. But this latest one with sims in it, not as good as the others with sims in it. But could get better because it has sims in it. And the one they haven't even made yet, that will have sims in it!!! So yeah, sims... Oh yeah, mods too. Mods and sims, what a combination.

When it comes to 4, it's got like two more years or something and who knows how many more packs, so not gonna count the mod chickens before they've hatched for 4.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
One Minute Ninja'd
#14 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
What settings did you use to make the game generate attractive sims? I'm getting tired of seeing clones spawn and roam around the town.

Can't remember all of them but it was with Story Progression. IIRC there was a tutorial on repopulating a town in the NRaas wiki.
Scholar
#15 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 12:43 PM
*grabs popcorn*

I am appalled that you spelled the plural for 'apple' correctly, but put a horribly misplaced apostrophe into 'bananas'.

I'd say it's kind of the same?
For me, 'main mods' for Sims 3 includes several NRaas things, and I would say they are a tiny bit better than MCCC for sims 4 because I find them to be a bit 'simpler' in terms of menu and knowing what each option does. (Though MCCC is pretty simple, too)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 1:08 PM
If only that was the worst of my typos...

You may flog the apostrophe that hurt your sensibilities. What shall it be? Axe, machete or a large stick?

I haven't tried Sims 4 in months. Last time was my old computer with wonderfully exploding toddlers. Base game zero cc. I don't think my old graphics card was too happy with it.

Sims 3 old computer. Limit there was 3 EP's with a handful of patterns and some CC lipstick looking like a smear. Somehow though after it was cleaned up and my daughter took it, she is now playing Sims 3 on it. The irony.

Sims 2 -well 50 thousand files later... still humming along although I had to hog tie it for 3 months to get its co-operation.

OP if your computer is strong enough put on both! Or better yet all 4!

I should try and install Sims 1 on this new one... *wanders off to find old lost disks*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#17 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 4:35 PM
two different games. Objectively, Sims 3 has more mods which are pretty concrete now due to time and if there's anything sims 4 has taught me, mods can't fix an entire framework.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 5:41 PM
The way I've seen it, comparing them can be kind of a headache because a lot of the big name mods for both games serve completely different purposes. A lot of the well known TS3 mods focus on making the, embarrassingly glitchy, game playable. While a lot of the well known mods for TS4 focus on....well....making the game fun. I wouldn't touch TS4 with a ten foot pole if it weren't for a lot of the mods and custom content that I have now. TS3, on the other hand, is plenty of fun without mods. But damn, it is broken! So I guess when you think about which game has the better mods, you'll have to ask yourself whether or not it's better for a game to need mods to work right or for a game to need mods to be fun.

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 8:43 AM
Sims 4 I kind of need my mods since EA did not really add a lot of things that they should of. As for which I think is better to play with mods on, to be honest I don't really know since it depends on the circumstances. From what I remember, I always hated that I even needed mods for Sims games when EA should of just already added it in, what I can say is it is hell playing sims 3 with a lot of mods since Sims 3 had a tendency to lag too much the more CC and Mods you had. Sims 4 does win in the contest of which runs better with CC and Mods, but a lot of things I need mods for should of really just been in the game in the first place.

Either way I can't really say which one I feel is better when playing with mods. Maybe Sims 4 since it runs better and does not lag as much for me? I don't really know, but one thing I do know is I can't seem to enjoy my Sims games in general without modding it and using my CC. Not sure why, I guess it is just because without my CC and Mods I feel like all my sims have practically the same looks to them since you can only use the clothes given to you in game so much before you start to notice it feels like every Sim you make basically is wearing the same outfit and has the same hairstyle. That is just me though.
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 1:03 AM
I'll have to go with Sims 3, but Sims 4 got much more potential.
Scholar
#22 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 2:26 AM
TS3. because I don't want to play without open neighbourhood and colour/style tool anymore. But even ff this would not be an issue for me, I would not play TS4. I would then play TS2. I really like Open For Business in TS2 and I find the emotions system in TS4 very annoying because it makes all sims behave very similar.