Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 5:05 AM
Default How Would You Fix: ZOMBIES!
So, I intend to post a series under "How Would You Fix", and each week, feature a different one of the TS2 Life-States... The non-human and the sub-human life forms that came with each individual EP. Now, my hope is that each thread will have a life of its own, and just because a new thread is posted, doesn't mean the previous one should be locked. Feel free to keep your thoughts and ideas coming on any and all of them! This isn't a "request" thread. It's an idea and discussion thread. Should somebody want to take any of these ideas and run with them, try to make them a reality, by all means, do your best! But I hope to hear lots of ideas from anybody who is interested, on how they think each life state could be altered and/or improved.

This week, we'll start with Zombies! Zombies originated from the University Expansion Pack. Have you ever played a TS2 Zombie? What were the things you wish could've been done different, or improved? How would you have implemented Zombies into the TS2 game? Was there something that bugged you about how they function? Something that they should've been able to do!? Any special skills or abilities to make them more unique? Any functions, any features, any ideas, anything at all! Please share them. And don't forget to 'like' your favorite ideas!!

Thanks for sharing and playing along!!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 7:54 AM
Make them more active, and make a special spell or craftable brew that cures zombies - and give them the special memory of being cured, while fulfilling the want to beat death or resurrect a sim. I think zombie personalities should be more varied as well, and random. Maybe there will be some good and gentle zombies, or very outgoing ones. Maybe make them less hungry and more sleepy.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 9:06 AM
Theorist
#4 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 9:59 AM
Imho. All the Supernaturals in Sims 2 are severely lacking and poorly integrated into gameplay.

Zombies are a bit hard, I guess, because in most depictions of them they are just shambling corpses or feral creatures, but I think something could be done to make them more fun. Now Sims 2 is a reasonably family-friendly game so rather than Walking Dead Zombies I suppose they'd have to be fun, mostly harmless zombies to make them work.

1)First of all I agree with JDacapo that there should be a way to cure them with a spell or potion crafted by the witches (and also a Zombie transformation potion) Another fun way to cure them might be electrocution and lightning strikes, referencing 19th century beliefs that electricity could revive the dead.
2)Make them mortal; have their lifespan tied to that of the Sim who turned them into zombies, if their "creator" dies, the Zombies could just wink at the camera, dig in the ground and then "hop back" into their grave or something. Besides that Besides that I think only fire and satellites should be able to off them.
3)Remove their environment and hygiene bars and replace hunger with "BRAINS". BEAINS can only be satisfied by eating special zombie food (Tofu Brains, Cauliflower) or attacking and turning other Sims
4)Them attacking, and possibly turning other Sims should only happen if their hunger is all the way in the red, making them go on a rampage like the Servo when its electrocuted. Or when the player directs them to do so.
5)Make them permanently smelly and make that hurt the Environment need of tidy Sims.
6)Make them able to drive off Burglars
7)Make it harder for them to learn mental skills.
8)Give them an automatic relationship boost with children because "ZOMBIE IZ GOOD PARENT"
9)Automatically make them dance like the ZOmbie sin the thriller video if they dance to music.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:29 AM
I've played zombies before, and their lack of ability to do anything beyond shamble around eating brains and attacking people is a leading reason why I don't. That's the one problem that has to be fixed.

By making them less zombiefied. How to do it? Maybe by putting them into that hacked electric chair (here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=170373) and giving them a bolt of electricity to stimulate their brains? Restore their ability to think and act like less intelligent non-humans?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I've played zombies before, and their lack of ability to do anything beyond shamble around eating brains and attacking people is a leading reason why I don't. That's the one problem that has to be fixed.

But shambling around and eating brains is what zombies do. They aren't people; they're just reanimated corpses.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 1:37 PM
Try telling that to Jack Thompson in Little Carping.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 2:31 PM
(Grunts that there's been thread like this, especially created by me, but I'll proceed to sympatize and understand that nobody is here on a digging sprea)

- Just make them very violent when turned into one, even when they have a lot nice of points (I mean, that's make zombies zombies, they are frightening - they act like a clan of prederators that won't stop even when someone comes in their way). I don't think pescado mod accomplishes exactly that.
- Perhaps another way for sims to turn into zombies: through failed experience on biostation with the virus spreading like failed through either with the contactvof air, sims or food.
- Zombies should satisfy their hunger by eating their non-dead victim sim's brain (without the gruesome depiction) and turn them into a zombie when initiating "Fight" interaction. Autonomously that is.
- Above shouldn't come with way to defend off these gouns. Higher body skill should give the sim a higher chance of fending off the bites. Also, have sims be armed with weapons at least that tranquilize the sims.
- Curing these undead creatures should be difficult If it were implemented. Never they in zombie apocalyptic movies/games where there anticodes and instances of a human being cured, so I disagree and I actually maxis done a great protrayal by adding some sort of finallity a sim can't be turned into normal.
- Zombies should stink. They're rotten flesh. Either they should keep the Hygiene motive that is permanently red or make it hidden.
- Perhaps Fun and Social should be remove, well the formal for the most part.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:13 PM
Eating someone's brain is totally a social activity!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:29 PM
Sucking on plasma too!

Scholar
#11 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 7:06 PM
Some of these have been said before, but I'll repeat them so you can see which ideas are most popular:

- Zombies should not be able to use stairs, or if they do, they should be very slow - definitely no running on stairs!
- They should stink.
- They should be mortal - if anything, they should age faster than a regular Sim, maybe aging two days at a time; they are rotting away, after all.
- They should be able to chase off burglars - the mere sight of a rotting corpse shambling towards them should make burglars either freeze or flee.
- Can they attack and turn others autonomously? I've only ever had one, and for a very short time, so I don't know. They should, and they definitely should attack and turn any burglar who freezes rather than fleeing. However, except for the one who turned them, they should not attack their own spouse/sweetheart, children or grandchildren, and should defend these against other zombies.
- Their hunger should not be satisfied by regular food, only by drinking a Sim via the Cowplant or by attacking and turning another Sim, either of which should completely fill their hunger bar for 24 hours. However, they should not die of starvation when hunger is low, merely become angry and more likely to attack. (I think EAxis deliberately didn't do this because of the age rating of the game, but as long as it isn't gory I think it would be okay - the werewolves have gore around their muzzles, after all, and this would if anything be less icky.)
- They should not be able to build fitness or body skill (they probably shouldn't be able to build any skills, really).
Alchemist
#12 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 11:17 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 6th Oct 2018 at 12:42 PM.
I "fixed them" by modifying Pescado's zompieapoc to make zombies eat brains autonomously without thefightclub, which I found boring. I made the attack advertise for all needs that I didn't want to see them fulfilling in the normal way, so they attack when they need most anything, rather than going to the toilet, for example. If they win the attack, the victim turns. I further modified it to make zombies needs max when they ate brains, but when their victims become zombies, their skills drop to zero, except body, and their temp goes cold, so all my zombies have essentially the same personalities. They already die like normal sims, so I introduced Real Sickness to make their deaths a little more likely and give the mortals a fighting chance. They can't be cured unless I add a mod that lets them be, so I introduced one and turned it into a fountain that they go visit if they can find it. The fun is that children can't be turned, so, pretty soon everyone is a zombie except the poor kids left to fend for themselves or the odd adult who was locked away from all visitors. And it's a race against time, if I leave aging on, because as soon as kids age up, they would be vulnerable. Can the kids find a way to cure or kill the zombies before they all turn?!

Honestly, once I got it all working, it was the most I ever laughed playing sims. Totally awesome!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Imho. All the Supernaturals in Sims 2 are severely lacking and poorly integrated into gameplay.

That's kind of why I wanted to start this theme. ALL of the alternate lifestyles could be improved. Some are great. Some are waaay undercooked. I focused this one on Zombies because Univ. was the first EP and they were the first alt-lives added to the game. (I know, I know... i'll get to that!) Some states were done very poorly, and some were done great! ...but even the great ones could be improved.

In about a week or so, I'll introduce the next thread, with a different lifestyle. But I'd like to keep this one strictly on improving zombies.

I thought this zombie bed mod was absolutely crucial, and should've been part of the game! I also can't see any reason for them to have hygiene at all. No matter how much you wash rotting flesh, it's still rotting flesh! I think it'd be good if zombies could've been missing parts. "Oooh! he's got an arm off!" hahah! (+5000 bonus points for naming the movie!)

Anyway, i'm enjoying reading your ideas and concepts! Remember, if there's items that you think should've come with zombies, like the ability to sleep in the ground, or whatnot, include those too! Thanks for participating, and keep the ideas rolling!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 9:50 AM
There has a been threads pertaining about improvement of life states. Those include nice ideas too. Witches are my personaly favorites as they can do so impact for the gameplay. Though that doesn't mean they couldn't been done even better.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
There has a been threads pertaining about improvement of life states. Those include nice ideas too. Witches are my personaly favorites as they can do so impact for the gameplay. Though that doesn't mean they couldn't been done even better.

Yes, you've mentioned that. This one is about zombies. We'll get to the others in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, zombies... Should they even have wants? Or aspirations? Or personalities for that matter? Maybe their lifespans should end with them getting devoured in flystorms... Hmmm... what else?

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#16 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 5:06 AM
The main thing I dislike about zombies is that they're immortal, and incurable. I think if both of those things were fixed, they'd be much more enjoyable already. I don't know if I would seriously play a hood with the zombie apocalypse mod installed, but I would find some use for them.
Inventor
#17 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I "fixed them" by modifying Pescado's zompieapoc to make zombies eat brains autonomously without thefightclub, which I found boring. I made the attack advertise for all needs that I didn't want to see them fulfilling in the normal way, so they attack when they need most anything, rather than going to the toilet, for example. If they win the attack, the victim turns. I further modified it to make zombies needs max when they ate brains, but when their victims become zombies, their skills drop to zero, except body, and their temp goes cold, so all my zombies have essentially the same personalities. They already die like normal sims, so I introduced Real Sickness to make their deaths a little more likely and give the mortals a fighting chance. They can't be cured unless I add a mod that lets them be, so I introduced one and turned it into a fountain that they go visit if they can find it. The fun is that children can't be turned, so, pretty soon everyone is a zombie except the poor kids left to fend for themselves or the odd adult who was locked away from all visitors. And it's a race against time, if I leave aging on, because as soon as kids age up, they would be vulnerable. Can the kids find a way to cure or kill the zombies before they all turn?!

Honestly, once I got it all working, it was the most I ever laughed playing sims. Totally awesome!

Could you upload your modified version of this mod? I mean upload here or in PM, pleaseee
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 11:23 AM
@Sunrader I agree with @Anhaeyn , your mod sound awesome!
Alchemist
#19 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 11:32 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 7th Oct 2018 at 1:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
The main thing I dislike about zombies is that they're immortal, and incurable. I think if both of those things were fixed, they'd be much more enjoyable already. I don't know if I would seriously play a hood with the zombie apocalypse mod installed, but I would find some use for them.

They are not immortal. Even MATY says they die like regular sims. It's just not that easy for regular sims to die. When I added Real Sickness and made them very sloppy so they'd get roaches, they got sick easily enough and died sometimes. I also made them go cold so that, in winter, at least, they might get sick more easily, but my hood wasn't winter when I played them. A mod can cure them, too, if you like. I used Sim Transformer, both to turn the first zombie, then - after modifying it to be a fountain just because I liked the idea of it sitting in a cemetery - to cure some of them after I got tired of them all being zombies. http://modthesims.info/d/283201

Quote: Originally posted by FranH

Maybe you just played them a short time? They actually do all the regular sim stuff, which was a tiny bit of a problem for me. Once all the sims in a house were zombies and there was no one left to attack, they started behaving "normally," dancing with the remaining child, playing hacky sack, chatting happily - it looked dumb in the middle of the apocalypse, but they certainly did it all.

Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Could you upload your modified version of this mod? I mean upload here or in PM, pleaseee

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Sunrader I agree with @Anhaeyn , your mod sound awesome!

I'll see what I can do about uploading it privately. EDIT: I edited the post I made earlier with what you'd need to try it and a way to get it. Post #20 the Zombie To-do List.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...168#post5413168
Mad Poster
#20 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Yes, you've mentioned that. This one is about zombies. We'll get to the others in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, zombies... Should they even have wants? Or aspirations? Or personalities for that matter? Maybe their lifespans should end with them getting devoured in flystorms... Hmmm... what else?

-gE
>=)

I don't think they should. I beg to differ that they have emotions or any kind of personalities that make them unique and distinct from the rest of it's flock. That's how zombies usually been portrayed anyway. Would been interesting If they had aspiration, personality greyed out.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
They are not immortal. Even MATY says they die like regular sims. It's just not that easy for regular sims to die. When I added Real Sickness and made them very sloppy so they'd get roaches, they got sick easily enough and died sometimes. I also made them go cold so that, in winter, at least, they might get sick more easily, but my hood wasn't winter when I played them. A mod can cure them, too, if you like. I used Sim Transformer, both to turn the first zombie, then - after modifying it to be a fountain just because I liked the idea of it sitting in a cemetery - to cure some of them after I got tired of them all being zombies. http://modthesims.info/d/283201

They don't die of old age, therefore they are immortal. Being immortal doesn't mean you're immune to disease and being killed, it just means you don't die of old age. I have real sickness too, but sims hardly ever get sick. Sloppiness does not summon roaches, those only come if you leave trash around.
Scholar
#22 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 9:12 PM
I think Sunrader meant that sloppy sims are more likely to leave trash lying around, if not directed to deal with it, whereas neat sims clean up autonomously so are less likely to get roaches.
Alchemist
#23 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 11:29 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 8th Oct 2018 at 12:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
They don't die of old age, therefore they are immortal. Being immortal doesn't mean you're immune to disease and being killed, it just means you don't die of old age. I have real sickness too, but sims hardly ever get sick. Sloppiness does not summon roaches, those only come if you leave trash around.

That's actually not the definition of the word immortal. Immortal means not subject to death, unable to die. And, yes, sloppy sims are more likely to get roaches because they don't clean up. Real sickness, I believe, only makes it harder for them to recover. You have to let them get sick and not cleaning up is one of the easiest ways to do that. My zombies also die pretty easily from hunger if they lose a few fights.
Alchemist
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 7:37 PM
converted the zombie skin to all ages.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 4:38 AM
Why would sloppy sims be more likely to leave piles of trash around? Dirty dishes don't summon roaches, and piles of trash only happens if someone gets interrupted taking the trash out, or the trash can gets kicked, regardless of personality. Unless you specifically direct your sloppy sims to leave trash around?

Different stories about immortality give it different properties. Most of the time immortals can in fact be killed.
Page 1 of 2