Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 5:52 AM
Default How Would You Fix: VAMPIRES!
So, last week I started a series titled: "How Would You Fix", and each week, plan to feature a different one of the TS2 Life-States... The non-human and the sub-human life forms that came with each individual EP. Now, my hope is that each thread will have a life of its own, and just because a new thread is posted, doesn't mean the previous one should be locked. Feel free to keep your thoughts and ideas coming on the How Would You Fix: ZOMBIES thread! This isn't a "request" thread. It's an idea and discussion thread. Should somebody want to take any of these ideas and run with them, try to make them a reality, by all means, do your best! But I hope to hear lots of ideas from anybody who is interested, on how they think each life state could be altered and/or improved.

This week, we're moving on to VAMPIRES!! Vampires originated in the Nightlife Expansion Pack. Have you ever played a TS2 Vampire? What were the things you wish could've been done different, or improved? How would you have implemented Vampires into the TS2 game? Was there something that bugged you about how they function? Something that they should've been able to do!? Any furniture or objects they should have? Any special skills or abilities to make them more unique? Any functions, any features, any ideas, anything at all! Please share them. And don't forget to 'like' your favorite ideas!!

Thanks for sharing and playing along!!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 8:17 AM
I love vampires but to play them is a pain since their needs drops so dramaticly if they happen to be awake during daytime. Even inside their own homes... Maybe there are mods for that already, I don't know.
Alchemist
#3 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I love vampires but to play them is a pain since their needs drops so dramaticly if they happen to be awake during daytime. Even inside their own homes... Maybe there are mods for that already, I don't know.

I don't play vampires, but for issues like this, I use Need Freak. It's customizable, so you can set needs by lot to stay within a range you want.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 9:16 AM
I need to check that now.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 9:29 AM
I wish that they had more powers than just hypnotizing and being bats, i also hate that they have blue skin, it was just not needed (thank god for mods though)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:05 AM
I only played vampires once. They were INSANELY suicidal, trotting out into the sunshine to pick up the paper, even when I built them a custom vault with coffins, giant TV, pool table and bar, I had to lock them in it during the hours of daylight.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 12:53 AM
I like vampires. The only things that need fixing is that a) sometimes they will wake up in the middle of the day for no reason, which is a pain, and b) there needs to be more blood-drinking. Like, their hunger motive could decrease even at night, and they would be able to replenish it by drinking other sims' blood, with the option or chance of killing them. Otherwise they're one of my favorite creatures.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 12:58 PM
There are existing mods to make their motives behave as normal during the day as long as they remain indoors, and mods to feed on sims/kill them without turning them into vampires.

I wish there was a way to play children, or even toddlers, as vampires. One of the most disappointing aspects of supernaturals in the Sims 2 is that you can't make an entire family of vampires/witches/zombies etc.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 2:56 PM
I cure all supernaturals and don't use them, sorry I am one of those types that likes humans better.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
#10 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 4:31 PM
Vampires are one of the few things TS4 did a better job with. They have a strength and weakness system that I'd love for TS2 because it allows you to create unique vampires and choose which vampire lore to add or remove from your game. http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/g...-weaknesses.php

Sims 4 vampires also have the ability to have two different faces, a normal one and a dark form that comes out when they do any vampire interactions or if the player chooses to have them transform. I'd like to have this too, with the added feature that regular Sims wouldn't recognize vampires in their normal form, but would be afraid of them in their dark form.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sk8are
There are existing mods to make their motives behave as normal during the day as long as they remain indoors, and mods to feed on sims/kill them without turning them into vampires.

I wish there was a way to play children, or even toddlers, as vampires. One of the most disappointing aspects of supernaturals in the Sims 2 is that you can't make an entire family of vampires/witches/zombies etc.

I just want their hunger motive (and only hunger motive) to behave normally *at night*. I like them not being able to be awake during the day. As for feeding on sims, the only one I know of is deadly neck bite, which in most cases doesn't seem to show up for whatever reason and in any case it always kills the sim. Is there another one?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 9:25 PM Last edited by Radium : 13th Oct 2018 at 9:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I just want their hunger motive (and only hunger motive) to behave normally *at night*. I like them not being able to be awake during the day. As for feeding on sims, the only one I know of is deadly neck bite, which in most cases doesn't seem to show up for whatever reason and in any case it always kills the sim. Is there another one?

Yep, it's here. With that mod having a vampire bite another sim brings up a dialog box where you can choose to kill, turn, or feed from the other sim. There's also an accompanying mod that makes vampires start the night off with a drop in hunger.

Also re: needs decay during the daytime, there's a mod here on MTS that turns perfume into vampire sunblock, and another that allows one perfume bottle to be used 300 times, which I like because it lets me play them in the daytime while providing an explanation as to how they overcame their aversion to the sun.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 4:44 AM
I'd like to see a kind of hybridization between Vampires and the Laganaphyllis Simnovorii... like, Vampires would age at some rate (maybe 1/2 or 1/3 the normal rate of non-supernatural Sims), instead of being immortal, but they could age down by feeding on other Sims (ideally including being able to go between Adult and Elder life states in both directions- for those of you who've read Bram Stoker's original Dracula, you'll remember that the titular Count started with the appearance of an old man, and later in the story reappeared looking noticeably younger after having fed on the blood of the innocent townsfolk).

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 9:26 PM
Me, personally? I feel like Vampires were probably the BEST fleshed-out non-humans in the TS2 series. They have a lot of interesting and funny quirks. They put a lot of detail into them, like having no reflections and the ability to change into a bat. That being said, there's still some room for improvement.

I tried sending a vampire to college. Omigosh! It was ridiculous, trying to get her to graduate without dying!! The game should recognize when it's daylight and not force them to climb out of their coffins because it's raining! "Oh hey! It's raining again! My flesh is sizzling, but I really need to look out the window at rain!" ugh!!

I had also read someone's post on another thread, where they suggested vampires should be able to sleep in the rafters, in bat form. That would be a great improvement. But i also thought they should have the ability to sleep hanging upside-down in a wardrobe, and the additional option to woohoo in the wardrobe. How funny would that be?

Vampires should probably get a bonus rate on influence. But it should be animated like the "mesmerize" ability from OFB, instead of just normal, everyday influence -- and without the mega-hit to their energy levels. Some hit? Alright. But the mega-bite that mesmerizing takes out of sims' energy is ridiculous.

Just a couple ideas that I think might enhance vampire play...

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 9:31 PM
Good ideas.

:C

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Yep, it's here. With that mod having a vampire bite another sim brings up a dialog box where you can choose to kill, turn, or feed from the other sim. There's also an accompanying mod that makes vampires start the night off with a drop in hunger.

Also re: needs decay during the daytime, there's a mod here on MTS that turns perfume into vampire sunblock, and another that allows one perfume bottle to be used 300 times, which I like because it lets me play them in the daytime while providing an explanation as to how they overcame their aversion to the sun.

This would appear to be incompatible with creaturefixes. It says it is compatible, but no information was given about load order, and when I look at the mods they do not seem compatible - if you have this mod load last it will remove Pescado's logic regarding Grand Vampire biting which is necessarily to prevent game corruption, and when you have Pescado's load last it removes the logic of this mod regarding STR requirements. I can try to make a compatible version, though.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 6:03 AM
They are incompatible. I have Shaklin's original version of the vampire mod without the STR requirements. I set Shaklin's mod to load after creaturefixes. I have the Professional version of Windows 7 and used the security features to deny all write access to my object.package files (or you could just set them to read-only). I also made to sure to back up all of my object.package files someplace handy in case of emergency.

Alternative - I know there are at least a couple of mods that ban Mrs. Crumplebottom from ever spawning. One of those would help too if you don't care whether you ever see Mrs. C again.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 6:26 AM
I have a number of ways to fix the problem for myself. I'm more concerned by the fact that they are advertising this mod as compatible when it fact installing it could cause downloaders to risk game corruption, if they haven't made objects.package read-only. Someone should probably let that person know.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 7:29 AM
I just discovered that it was incompatible with creaturefixes too. DX I don't use the altered version either, with relationship requirements, but it still throws up a conflict.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 8:17 PM
Checked the file and sure enough, one of the first things I apparently did with it was deleting the conflicting resource so it operates how, as far as I can tell, Shaklin's original version did (which I found to be easier than actually finding a working link for the original mod). That must be why I never noticed the conflict. I'll go inform sims-influence.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Mad Poster
#21 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 6:39 AM
How would I fix a vampire? Force error on one with boolprop testingcheatsenabled on and click. Fixing as a whole life state is a bi tricker. I would probably reinstall the whole game.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Checked the file and sure enough, one of the first things I apparently did with it was deleting the conflicting resource so it operates how, as far as I can tell, Shaklin's original version did (which I found to be easier than actually finding a working link for the original mod). That must be why I never noticed the conflict. I'll go inform sims-influence.

I had another look at the file and this time I noticed that it says down the bottom 'works with creaturefixes'. Unfortunately, what it doesn't say is which one should load first.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Vampires should probably get a bonus rate on influence. But it should be animated like the "mesmerize" ability from OFB, instead of just normal, everyday influence -- and without the mega-hit to their energy levels. Some hit? Alright. But the mega-bite that mesmerizing takes out of sims' energy is ridiculous.

This should be definitely a feature. In many movies and books vampires are known for their influential skills. I know there is a mod that lets a vampire control another Sim if this vampire turns that Sim into ghoul, but I would like to have this option without turning anyone into ghoul. Also, there should be an option for WooHoo in coffin like in TS4 - Sims can do it in e.g. a tent, a photobooth, an AL wardrobe or other places. Why wouldn't they do it in a coffin?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 11:26 PM
I thought about the coffin, myself... But i kinda thought it exceptionally rare that they'd have double-wide coffins. haha. Not sure how you'd fit two people in there. Might be funny to have other kinds of postmortem woohoo. "Urn My Love"? Some movies have vampires going gaseous, and appearing in a fog, so... why not?

-gE
>=)
Field Researcher
#25 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 6:32 AM
Although vampires are supposed to be immortal, I do like @Zarathustra's idea about the de-aging by feeding. I also think that vampires could have built upon the jewelry system. While witches can craft special objects and potions in the cauldron, vampires could craft amulets that would do different things such as provide immunity to the sun, slower need decay, etc. There might also be an amulet that protects against vampires but is only obtained from the NPC matchmaker at random like the genie bottle. Sims who wear these can't be transformed into vampires or bitten.
Page 1 of 4