Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 11:30 PM
Default How Would You Fix: WEREWOLVES!
Hello again, fellow simmites!! It's time for this week's installment of, "How Would You Fix?" This week, we are going to focus on WEREWOLVES!!

Werewolves were introduced to TS2 in the PETS expansion pack. Have you ever played a Werewolf? What were the things you wish could've been done different, or improved? How would you have implemented Werewolves into TS2, if it were up to you? Was there something that bugged you about how they function? Something that they should've been able to do!? How they interact with others? Any furniture or objects they should have? Any special skills or abilities to make them more unique? Any functions, any features, any ideas? Anything missing? Anything at all! Please share them. And don't forget to 'like' your favorite ideas!!

Remember: This isn't a "request" thread. It's an idea and discussion thread. Should somebody want to take any of these ideas and run with them, try to make them a reality, by all means, do your best! But I hope to hear lots of ideas from anybody who is interested, on how they think each life state could be altered and/or improved.

And feel free to visit the previous non-human /sub-human threads (so far) and contribute your thoughts there, too! ZOMBIES , VAMPIRES and SERVOS!

Thanks for sharing and playing along!!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:51 AM
Automatically transforming when your Sim fun need is low even if its daytime;

Other sims rejecting social interactions with werewolves while transformed (unless they have the werewolf turn-on) and reacting negatively to your presence, avoiding you like when they get scared of something (unless they have the knowledge aspiration);

Some werewolf features in human form, like yellow eyes and being able to do the "Grr!" interaction;

I'm not very creative and I also don't know what's possible but I tried to avoid radical ideas.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:11 AM
Honestly, the main problem with them is the extreme personality change (which Cyjon fixed). And I feel like they should get their genetic personality back after being cured. Also, everyone should stop rolling wants a fears of hearing them howl when they are not even there, but that's not something that can be fixed, unfortunately.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:19 AM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sagaty
I'm not very creative and I also don't know what's possible but I tried to avoid radical ideas.

Go radical! What's the worst that can happen? hahaha!

-gE
>=)
Alchemist
#7 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 2:28 PM
I haven't played werewolves in a very long time so some of this might exist. I don't like the idea of the personality change, unless it only happens when they transform.

A real moon phase system where their power slowly grows as the full moon approaches.

Superhuman speed - finish tasks faster.

Special bonds with most dogs. Hostility from most cats and caged animals.

The ability to sense things about other Sims. Maybe in the form of gaining some of their memories.

Sensitivity to loud noises. A fear of thunder.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:42 PM
Sprites for the fur overlay that would clip through whatever clothing a Sim is wearing when they transform, to make it look like they grew and tore their clothes when transforming.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I haven't played werewolves in a very long time so some of this might exist. I don't like the idea of the personality change, unless it only happens when they transform.

A real moon phase system where their power slowly grows as the full moon approaches.

Superhuman speed - finish tasks faster.

Special bonds with most dogs. Hostility from most cats and caged animals.

The ability to sense things about other Sims. Maybe in the form of gaining some of their memories.

Sensitivity to loud noises. A fear of thunder.

YEESSSS A FEAR OF THUNDER WOULD BE AWESOME!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 1:14 AM
Male werewolf sims could lift their leg when they pee... ahhahaha!

Actually, i think the thing i was MOST disappointed in was the way that werewolves look. Lamest thing ever! I do have an idea for fixing it. Theoretically it should mostly work. It won't be 100%, but i think it should be close enough for all but the pickiest of players. Unfortunately, my skill level isn't there yet. I just have to get used to meshing and Milkshape.

-gE
>=)
Scholar
#11 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 2:01 AM
I've meantioned before that Eaxis have werewolf teeth in the game files. Really in the file probably meshed but not connected to the skin overlay.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 9:27 PM
The personality change is silly as implemented. It would make more sense to have a temporary personality change only when shifted--the werewolf could become mean then, but go back to whatever they were to start with when they shift back to sim.
And the werewolf should change into the same shape as the Leader of the Pack, not a furry humanoid.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 3:48 AM
Hmmm... I really expected there to be more contributions to Werewolves. Especially since they fell on the week of Halloween. And, they left SO much to be desired.

I think it would be funny to be able to play fetch with werewolves. Maybe teach them tricks. Have them chase the mailman and/or cats. Do they howl at the moon? If not, they certainly ought to. Dig holes in the yard and bury bones. Eat the furniture, like a bad dog. The canine references are nearly endless! Sleep on pet beds or in dog houses. Fun stuff like that!

The WORST thing about them, to me, is their appearance. Fractured Moonlight posted some poseable werewolf objects here. I thought these would've made EXCELLENT playable werewolf skins, and it's more along the lines of what TS2 should have done!

In an earlier post, i eluded to a fix... My idea would've used these meshes (with a few necessary tweaks, to make them work!) and applied them as clothing, the same way the mascot costumes are used. They would fit over the werewolf sim, like clothes. Essentially, for all intents and purposes, they would be clothes. Then, we'd just need some kind of coding added, so when a sim transforms into a werewolf, it would automatically "dress" in werewolf "clothing".

As i said above, it's not a 100% fix... but it's a MAJOR improvement on what we've got now.

Whaddayas think? Wouldn't that be kinda cool?

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 4:36 AM
Better than the current werewolf skins, but I'd prefer them to actually change into wolves. I like my Harry Potteresque werewolves, where they were almost indistinguishable from real wolves (not counting the abomination they turned Lupin into in the film; obviously they did not read the book properly).
Scholar
#15 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 5:52 AM
Where are the Wolf-weres EA?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 3:44 PM
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#17 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 6:42 PM
Love the cartoon, Charity!

What burns me up about werewolves is the same thing that burns me up about ALL the supernatural beings: I think regular sims should be scared to death of them! A green woman on a broom lands in front of your business and starts casting spells on people and you don't hide under the counter? Man, what is the point? Aliens - and their green half-human offspring - should be terrifying! The reaction that Sims have to ghosts who leap out and scare them is more believable than this blanket acceptance of all those weird creatures as regular members of society. If they are just like everybody else, then why introduce them at all? To me, the BEST thing about zombies and werewolves and witches, etcetera, is that people are scared of them! They should be looked upon as what they are - supernatural beings - forced to live outside of society; forced, perhaps, to form their OWN societies. That would make more sense to me, and be a lot more interesting than simply having the same old humdrum lifestyles that everyone else in town has.

I don't even play most of the supernaturals, for exactly that reason: I just fail to see the point of them. I have a few ghosts, of course (hard to avoid, and since they are the most believable ones I don't mind them so much.) and I have a few accidental alien kids in town, but I don't even bother with the rest of them. Okay, so I should probably shut up. ha ha. Sorry if I seemed to stray from the point a bit there, but for me, that IS the point, and it's exactly what I'd fix about werewolves (and the others.)
Mad Poster
#18 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 10:25 PM
Sims do have a reaction of sorts to supernaturals - it's just not as strong as some of us might like. Whenever a sim becomes a supernatural in my game, most of my playables (except Knowledge sims) will spin up a fear of becoming one themselves and sometimes also a want to cure that person. It can be kind of fun to watch panic spread across the neighborhood ("OMG they're everywhere! Keep them away from me!"). If a witch arrives on a community lot and casts a spell, sims who see it happen will often react with the shock/surprise animation. It would be nice if some of them ran away in panic or did the "fire dance", but a mild reaction is still better than not noticing at all.

Werewolves who attack a lot of other sims will probably develop a negative reputation if you have AL. Unfortunately, this will most likely provoke a scolding rather than a panic reaction.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Hmmm... I really expected there to be more contributions to Werewolves. Especially since they fell on the week of Halloween. And, they left SO much to be desired.

I think it would be funny to be able to play fetch with werewolves. Maybe teach them tricks. Have them chase the mailman and/or cats. Do they howl at the moon? If not, they certainly ought to. Dig holes in the yard and bury bones. Eat the furniture, like a bad dog. The canine references are nearly endless! Sleep on pet beds or in dog houses. Fun stuff like that!

The WORST thing about them, to me, is their appearance. Fractured Moonlight posted some poseable werewolf objects here. I thought these would've made EXCELLENT playable werewolf skins, and it's more along the lines of what TS2 should have done!

In an earlier post, i eluded to a fix... My idea would've used these meshes (with a few necessary tweaks, to make them work!) and applied them as clothing, the same way the mascot costumes are used. They would fit over the werewolf sim, like clothes. Essentially, for all intents and purposes, they would be clothes. Then, we'd just need some kind of coding added, so when a sim transforms into a werewolf, it would automatically "dress" in werewolf "clothing".

As i said above, it's not a 100% fix... but it's a MAJOR improvement on what we've got now.

Whaddayas think? Wouldn't that be kinda cool?

-gE
>=)

Look up Synaptic Sims Werewolf skins. They're very similar, but with a sim head - the legs and claws are the same, and the bodies have been altered some. It's a default werewolf skin so when your sim changes, that's what they'll look like. If you search a little you'll find the skins for child-elder as well, and different bodyshape sizes (HBB and SBB I know of, and AG for the female werewolves.)

I never really wanted mine to look quite so savage, but then I hardly play them because I'm not sure what the heck they should be lol. Synaptic Sim's stuff is really cool though and worth keeping around.
Alchemist
#20 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:02 AM
about personality; from my understanding, just expressed personality changes in shipped version.
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 3:24 PM
Werewolves transform when angry
I love midgethetree.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:48 AM
Did anyone ever fix the werewolf teeth not showing thing?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#23 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 5:07 AM
They don't show? I never play them so didn't know.
Scholar
#24 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 5:28 AM
@sagaty
Thanks for finding this mod.
No longer will Annie Howell only transform at night.
She really needs to take those angry management courses though.
Is anyone willing to chip in for the 700 simoleons?

With the werewolf teeth they apparently appear in bodyshop for some people but they don't for me. I was able to locate them in SimPE but I'm no modder so thats all I could find about them.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#25 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 5:31 AM
huh! I will have to see if I can find them, just out of curiosity. Weird they appear for some and not others tho! Perhaps a patch changed things.
Page 1 of 2