Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:07 AM
Default Getting the most out of the expansions (and Sims in general)- (without families?) Moodletss!
So I frequently hop on to the Sims just to create a sim plop them in the world and play for them to have a kid. I like messing around, shipping random people - seeing their kids. I've done/will do the homeless family, I've created big families, I've done 8 sims in in one house, I've made stories, I've got a few sims to the end of their careers and skills, though I seem to find it hard to make multi-generational games (to this day, of my time since I rebought the game in the mid-10s I don't think any of my sims have died of old age.) I've played as long as I've wanted with one family. - (Though if I can ever get Dresser to work without crashing my game, my medieval game will have super short lifespan so I can create dynasties!)

But however in doing this, I've got several control mods like NRAAS and such, and while messing around with certain things like Moodlets I see all these stange, weird and wonderful moodlets that I've never seen! I feel like I'm missing out on half the experience! I have pretty much all expansions but not Showtime, but I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. How can I make my sims' life more fufilling so my life is more fufilling playing the game?

I've done a few of the tombs - while it's a little jarring to see stay-at-home-mum-cum-Lara-Croft back in time for tea to feed her 3 children. I haven't spent much time doing this. Into The Future feels a little shallow - but feel free to prove me wrong.

So where are all these moodlets, show me the money! Where can I get the experience I am looking for?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 4:21 AM
Many of the moodlets you see on the MC interface are only very rarely applied in-game, I can't provide a list or anything but I believe some of them are never really used. And many of them are occult and animal species specific even though it doesn't necessarily look that way from the moodlet names and thumbnails.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 10:42 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 12th Nov 2018 at 5:25 AM. Reason: fixed typo in the link
There is a list of known Sims 3 moodlets here:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/List_o...ts_(The_Sims_3)