Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 1:40 PM
Default What can I make Hauntable?
I know you can make table lamps and dining chairs hauntable. If I make other things hauntable, would it break? What about OFB items on OFB shelves, like a candle?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tcz
I know you can make table lamps and dining chairs hauntable. If I make other things hauntable, would it break? What about OFB items on OFB shelves, like a candle?
Edit: not sure I have any true lights on shelves, probably sculptures, but I'm not sure what else is hauntable at shelf height.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 1:13 AM
Theoretically, I believe you could make any object hauntable. The issue is, what would "haunting" it mean? And are their animations for that? A chair sliding out from the table would just require you to code it correctly to connect to that animation. If you wanted a talking rabbit head to spin on its own (they already do that sometimes), or drawers to open, or toilet seats to raise and lower... It's a matter of finding the anims you want, then directing the coding to trigger that anim when the object is being haunted. In other words, what do you want it to do when it's haunted; and does that anim currently exist, or would you have to create one?

I suppose technically, if you created a brand new animation and properly coded it in to an item, you could haunt just about anything. It all comes down to having haunting animations, which may mean borrowing existing ones or creating new ones; and then properly coding the object to behave that way.

Short answer: almost anything you like.

-grinEvilly
>=)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 1:29 AM
Hmm, I'm still learning much and have no coding background, so creating my own would take longer, but I see your point.
I don't know how animations, joints, or skeletons work in this game at all. Well, I have an idea how skeletons for bodies, hair, and teddybears work, but only the vaguest idea how items like dressers, refrigerators, and chairs work. For example, if I cloned a living chair and made it a dining chair, would the chair move when people sit down? Or do I have to import it from a modeling program pre-linked to a joint and connect it in SimPE first? I dont have milkshape, so the one guide I looked at to answer these questions didn't really help.
Then comes the other question--does height affect/break anything? I read once that moving a teddybear to a shelf could make it later unable to place on the ground after use (it hovered or something).
Thanks for the response.
Edit: so the question in that case would be: would the ghost get stuck at a different height, or some odd behavior?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 10:33 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm really no expert myself... There are very few custom animators for TS2. It's very challenging and tedious. There are some, so it can be done. But it's rather complex, and that's why there's so few. And, there's other potential issues that can arise with animations (controllers), depending on how you create them. I wish i could answer all your questions, but i'm really not qualified to do so. I'd mostly be guessing, and that's not really helpful.

Hopefully somebody a bit more qualified will pick up on this thread and be able to offer you some more reliable advice.

Good luck! I hope you find the answers you're looking for, and when you do, you share your work! it sounds very intriguing!

-gE
>=)
Alchemist
#6 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 2:49 AM
If you want a mesh to animate, it must have joints, and you have to link those joints in a modeling program.