Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 6:11 AM
I will admit to turning on move objects, and using the hand tool to place toddlers near to the portals or car since they are slow.

Actually... I just did a search on my computer and I do have that mod. What was it clashing with again, the toddler on com lot one?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 7:47 AM
This aging mod by BO on Leefish
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-1748.html

combined with the make 3 days older/younger from the blender.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 9:04 AM
Now I'm confused, I looked back a page and it's clashing with Lamare's toddlers eat in restaurants. My guess is I haven't thought to take a toddler to a restaurant so haven't noticed if it is clashing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#29 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The dollhouse dolls are default replacements and the hair I think is Trapping's.

That's the mod that I use, I wish there was a new mod because I heard that his are 'untidy' for want of another word. I haven't had an issue with it working though.

I might not have the restaurantbarfix, what does that do?

restaurantbarfix.package

1. Sims no longer obsessed with eating at restaurants in endless loops when not full, or drinking coffee when not tired. Also cuts down desire for sims to commit bladdericide from the above.
2. Seats occupied by your sims & bar patrons less likely to clash with host seating assignments, resulting in queue stompage. Queue stompage BAD!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 12:01 PM
I use the 18 hour pregnancy hack by lientebollemeis, and thus delivery happens almost on the same day as the pregnancy is obvious.
Otherwise, I use Inge's aging hack:
Baby: 2 days
Toddler: 2 days
Child: 6 days
Teen: 6 days
Adult-variable-approximately 30 days
Elder-variable-approximately 20-30 days, depending on their aspirational level at time of aging up.

I pretend each day is one year. I'd like to use the 4 days=1 year hack but it would conflict badly with Inge's hack.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#31 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 12:16 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th Aug 2019 at 1:41 PM.
Call me old-fashion, but I use the default lifespan. I'm not too worried about how many sim days are how many years or months, and whether ages make sense within a neighborhood. If I want to modify their age, I either age them up, reset their current age or add/remove days with a mod. I play until they're adults, then they tend to be perma-adults from there on. I rarely play with elders unless for a story purpose.

Sometimes I turn aging completely off, and in my story hood I play the same day over and over again, resetting the clock if need be (I don't save progress, just build/buy changes and other changes I want to keep like when I buy new clothes for them). Contrary to what people might think when reading my stories, there are close to no deaths in my game (there may have been a couple accidental ones I didn't save, though). They all live happily forever
Mad Poster
#32 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 12:58 PM
I play with aging almost permanently off, and only turn it on when I want a Sim to age up. So far no one has aged up from Adult to Elder, and a combination of Aging Off, careful play, and a variety of mods has (so far) enabled me to keep the Grim Reaper completely out of my game. All the Sims I've ever played are still alive. (I wish I could say the same for my Real Life friends.) In principle my Sims take each day as it comes, so each day for them is just that -- a day. It does mean that I can't follow families through the generations, but it allows my Sims to live unhurried lives and lets me get to know them well as individuals.

When I first opened the game and ran the tutorial, and it said Tutorial Joe became an Elder in 28 days, I thought, "But he looks so young. That's only a month." I decided there and then to always play with Aging Off. I've never regretted that decision.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 2:19 PM
@vegan_kaktus I think you are posting that to the wrong thread.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#34 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 2:22 PM
@vegan_kaktus I think you are posting that to the wrong thread.

Oops, sure I did hahah sorry!
Scholar
#35 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 3:50 PM
About the only thing I do in regards to aging in my hood is play on rotation. Just so sims from the same generation age along with each other. Besides that, I just use the default aging and once they are adults they stay there for a very long time using either the elixir or the simblender to add days. Teens almost never use their full allotment of days. I tend to send them to college before that for one reason or another. It works for me and I've never felt the need to alter it.
Alchemist
#36 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

Sometimes I turn aging completely off, and in my story hood I play the same day over and over again, resetting the clock if need be (I don't save progress, just build/buy changes and other changes I want to keep like when I buy new clothes for them). Contrary to what people might think when reading my stories, there are close to no deaths in my game (there may have been a couple accidental ones I didn't save, though). They all live happily forever

Me, too. I think there have only been three deaths ever: one was resurrected, one was a bin sim who is alive and well in another hood (she died because I didn't get aging off on her new home lot fast enough_so sad), and one was intentionally meant to be a ghost who would haunt an entire hood so, really, she's still in the game, too. I did do a zombie test hood once that had a lot of Real Sickness zombie deaths, but it was just a test with random CAS sims, not my story sims.

I also have a few times gone back in time, to play a prequel story to explain something the game introduced randomly or to go back to when teens were kids or kids were babies or something.

I love how much time my sims have. Some of my favorites have had 2-3 careers and evolved over time. I only have one or two CAS sims, others are found in game.... One nanny who became playable moved in with another townie and became an expert gardener, then fostered a troubled street teen who wandered onto her lot (who later branched off into other stories), then formed a very close relationship with a great dog who maxed a career, then bought a community garden that feeds the whole hood, then moved in with an elderly gentlemen friend, then became a witch... Another was a rock god who gave it all up, invested well, then slowly took in a bunch of kids from his various romances_ he now has 7 teens (and, wow, aging them from kids was a huge decision for me!).... My sims have big lives. I also think they become more autonomous as they develop more relationships and skills over time. Unlike some, though, I don't dislike any life stage. I play infants for just as long as I play elders, which is pretty much forever. (Although, eventually, it seems like infants start to glitch, so I have had to age a few to stop that_not sure if that's the only solution.) Awww, I love my sims.

Now I'm confused, I looked back a page and it's clashing with Lamare's toddlers eat in restaurants. My guess is I haven't thought to take a toddler to a restaurant so haven't noticed if it is clashing.

Oh, Jo, it's soooo good! If you put a highchair in a lot, the host will auto choose that table and the parents will auto go straight to it to put little Simmy in. It's awesome.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 6:41 PM
I did some quite extensive testing on various ways to end sims in my early simming days (fire, drowning, etc,). But once that got old, I kinda just wanted my sims to be safe, because I'd spent a lot of time making them.

I've almost given up highchairs for toddlers (except for photos and deco). They're really annoying because you have to time it right with serving food (if the toddler is already in the highchair, sims who are serving food to the entire family will also serve food to the toddler), and they get pissed-off when they're not taken out of the highchair after they've eaten. Bottomless bottles are far easier to deal with. There's also some CC food like a cornflakes bowl (cloned/modded from dog food) and a couple other things toddlers can gnaw on to fill their hunger. (TS4 highchairs are even worse, but there toddlers can serve themselves leftovers or take food from counters and sit in sofas to eat, so it's a lot easier to not use highchairs - I wish TS2 had those options).
Inventor
#38 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 8:23 PM
That's odd. My toddlers sit happily in their highchairs after they've eaten, as long as they don't have any other pressing needs. They'll throw a fit if they're tired/stinky/need fun/etc. but if their other needs are good they just sit there kicking their heels and babbling patiently. TS4 toddlers actually threw me for a loop as they don't wait patiently, even if their other needs are otherwise in the green.
Alchemist
#39 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 8:43 PM
I never noticed problems with highchairs, but, btw, I also use the access from sides mods. Love that.
Instructor
#40 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeltingMagnetz
I am positive that there are mods to shorten uni(here and here ), as for ageing mod only working on new sims and not on sims made before the age hack is installed. Try this mod. Put it in your downloads folder, run the game and open a lot, age will get fixed in the whole hood, than delete the mod and your are good to go

The age hack was installed years ago. It still doesn't work on sims created as adult in CAS, only when teens/YA transition to adults.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 10:25 PM
Well, in any case, the older sims will either do the "put toddler in on command, take toddler out because reasons, repeat" cycle (if free will is on, anyway - I tend to turn it off because of baby/toddler swarming and because I usually need my sims to be obedient when doing storytelling), or it takes ages to make them put the toddler into the highchair. May confuse the tantrums with TS4, but toddlers in TS2 can sometimes throw some really bad tantrums...

The highchair animations are quite cute, though. And if they're full but still get served food, they'll pick up the food and throw it, laughing with glee.

Quite honestly, I mostly cheat their motives when doing storytelling, so I don't use the highchair (or make sims cook at all) unless it's for pictures. My memory is probably a bit fuzzy.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#42 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 10:35 PM
Not so awesome if toddlers in restaurants clashes with Pescados restaurant fixes though. :/ I'll have to test them out together. *ads that to the ever growing list*

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#43 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
The age hack was installed years ago. It still doesn't work on sims created as adult in CAS, only when teens/YA transition to adults.

The Age Correct is a run one time mod, in case you still have adult still on the old aging system, that will sync them up to speed

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#44 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 7:19 AM
Not so awesome if toddlers in restaurants clashes with Pescados restaurant fixes though. :/ I'll have to test them out together. *ads that to the ever growing list*

It also clashes with the instantly add someone to a casual group mod.

I'd be interested to see if you get them working together.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 8:03 AM
I am using the instantly add to mod as well. :/

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#46 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 8:28 AM
If it helps these are the conflicts I got.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Person A (done)
Group ID: 0x7F264EB3
Instance ID: 0x00001000
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\toddler outings restaurants TEST.package
\downloads\Hacks Finished\Pescado\restaurantbarfix.package

Group ID: 0x7F46A87D
\downloads\Hacks Finished\HB_InstantAddRemoveGroups.package

Group ID: 0x7F7B09B7
\downloads\Hacks Finished\HB_InstantAddRemoveGroups.package
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#47 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 8:58 AM
Thanks. Most of the time the HCD takes one look at all my mods and says nope, not reading all of that.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#48 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 4:57 AM
Thanks. Most of the time the HCD takes one look at all my mods and says nope, not reading all of that.
I think you need fewer mods/less CC in general hon.

Anyway, just to add my USD $0.02: When I'm not using the Maxis age span, I'm using spyder25k's StarAge (7-day seasons version).

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#49 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 6:02 AM
Very true, but you know it won't be happening.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 8:09 PM
I generally use the default lifespans, with two exceptions - I have InTeen installed, which means that for the second half of teenhood they have adult jobs, can move out, and are effectively in a Young Adult stage. Also, I age them up a day early as soon as the birthday party pop up comes, because I am impatient and love to see them grow and the generations move.
Therefore:
Baby - 0-1 (1 day).
Toddler - 1-4 (3 days)
Child - 4-11 (7 days)
Teen - 11-18 (7 days)
YA - 18-25 (7 days)
Adult - 25-53 (28 days)
Elder - however long they happen to live after that!

I keep the pregnancy at 3 days which I don't really like being the equivalent of 3 years... but it's probably a good thing or my family Sims would end up with 16 kids each...
Page 2 of 3