Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 5:58 AM Last edited by leontinees : 13th Feb 2020 at 6:23 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Hole in second floor? (Game apartment)
Hello everyone!
I come with this weird thing that I don't think ever happened to me before, thus I don't know how to solve it. I don't usually play with the game's lots since I prefer to build mine, but yesterday I tried one. If I remember correctly, I only played with this apartment lot when I got the expansion and never played it again until yesterday, so it's possible that the problem has long been there.

Problem is a huge hole in the second floor of one of the apartment units (3x3 tiles hole). I tried the usual with columns and arches, even walls, but nothing makes the tiles usable.
I can place furniture on the hole with the Moveobjects cheat, but of course they're not usable since there's no floor.
I also tried Pescado's amazing Stuck Remover (which helped me great in the past) in both floors, but nothing was nuke'd.
And as you can see, even if columns and arches are placeable in the first floor, for some reason stairs are not.

Thanks beforehand for any idea!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 6:07 AM
So even with the grid showing you can't place floor tiles? With the spiral stairs, did you try removing all that nearby furniture?

I would remove that and any windows, smooth the area over with CFE then try and place the floor tile.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#3 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 12:35 PM
Apartments can be finicky beasts when trying to edit them, especially if you're doing it while a sim is living there. You may need to move out any sims and try editing then. If that doesn't work, you might need to change the lot to Residential to fix the hole, then back to an Apartment. If all else fails, I believe copies of all the pre-existing Belladonna Cove apartment buildings can be found in the Lot Catalog.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 2:46 AM
If the above suggestions didn't help, leontinees, want to tell us which Maxis apartment building it is? Perhaps someone can look at it in their game for you and see if they spot anything that would help.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 4:46 AM
It's the Crossroads Apartments in Belladonna Cove (also available in the Specialty Lots bin with other Maxis apartments). It starts the game uninhabited. It should also come with a complete intact floor in that room. I have no idea what would have caused that big hole.

I also notice that the neighboring apartment in the background isn't blacked out like it should be, which indicates that there may be more problems with the lot than just the hole in the floor. I would evict all playable sims, bulldoze the lot, and replace it with a copy from the Specialty Lots bin.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 6:26 AM
Hello, thanks everyone for the suggestions! The lot is, as RoxEllen1965 said, the Crossroads Apartments (sorry I didn't say it before, but I play in Spanish and didn't know the name of in English).

I had already tried some of the things you suggested beforehand. My pictures show a live mode because that's was the last try while using Pescado's Remover (living needs to be running), but it didn't really matter if the lot was occupied or empty, and changing it to residential made no difference either.

Can anyone give it a try in their game to see if the lot already comes defaulted, or this is something I somehow managed to cause those years ago, please? Or you may directly explain me how to get that copy of the lot...
Forum Resident
#7 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 9:49 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 27th Aug 2019 at 12:02 AM. Reason: can't count, lol
I checked it out in game, leontinees. There is no giant hole in the floor in the copy that is in the neighborhood already in the shipped Belladonna Cove, and there is no giant hole in the copy you can get from the Specialty Lots bin.

What *is* there is...six nine squares of Maxis' Contrary Berry carpet (probably called something different in Spanish, of course). That carpet is in a shade of purple that isn't such a great match for the bedding, and it also is extended in a weird way to go right next to the bed (total of 8 11 squares of that carpet), so I'm guessing you wanted to remove it. From your picture, looks like you replaced the two flooring squares right next to the bed with the wood to match the rest of the room, and then maybe you exited thinking you'd decide later what floor to place instead of that carpet.

Now that you mention this problem, I do recall that I've sometimes had the same issue with apartment lots---but I also don't know what causes the problem. To say more: I usually do extensive renovation to all my lots before playing, and I remember as well that sometimes if you delete the floor in certain apartment areas, you can't place a different floor---you can only press Undo to retrieve the original floor.. So you are right---deleting and then placing new floors sometimes just doesn't work in apartments. ,

Usually, I avoid this by simply directly replacing the floor (using shift-click) to change it, rather than taking the risk of deleting.

But maybe the most useful news to you is this: you can place a new copy of the lot (as many as you want!) from the Specialty Lots bin. This is the building bin that came with Bon Voyage. You will find it placed vertically between the original Lots and Houses Bin and the original Empty Lots bin; its icon has a star on it.

Good luck and let us know if you need more help.

(As usual, RoxEllen, thanks for the good spot---knowing which apartment building it was!)

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 2:44 AM
Okay, then I'll try that. Thanks everyone for the info and help! People like you makes this fandom awesome!