Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 2:54 PM
Default Help with Alpha Phong Shader in S3PE, please?
Alright, I tried doing this on my own, but nope, I can't be trusted in S3PE.

I had this crazy idea to somehow edit EA's magic cauldron to be invisible (with only the liquid, spoon, and hearth at the bottom showing), so that we could use it with MOO on any decor cauldron we want.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do it in TSRW (drats).

So here I am, digging through the MLOD/Grid info, going through the near ENDLESS amount of Chunk Entries, clicking crap that undoubtedly has no business being clicked, trying to figure out exactly where the EFF the Alpha Phong shader stuff is so I can make the cauldron see-through.

I found a few, and edited the textures, and etc etc, but when I loaded it in game...?
It was really weird, like the outer mesh worked, as I could see the transparency at certain angles, but I think the backfaces were still showing as solid?

I don't even effing know.

What am I doing?

What is life?

Help?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MurfeeL_EA Cauldron (Invisible!).zip (289.7 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 8:04 PM
Uuuusallly in cases like that, I just simply clone a random object in TSRW (preferably a decor piece) and change the shader to the shader type you want. Then I take a screenshot of it and it's details and use that as a reference to put into S3PE

Because usually what goes wrong is that we don't necessarily know the details. In fact I think MaterialNameHash needs some hash but I'll need to research that