Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 2:44 PM
is there a command to delete sim ?
Ive been searching for what seems like an eternity for some way to delete sims from the neighborhood with a script

Does anyone know where i can find this native? does it even exist? Whats a good reference database for the natives anyway?

The little "x" button feature in CAS to delete a sim should use it right? There must be some core function for permanently deleting sims....

thank you guys for whatever help you can provide!
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 6:04 PM Last edited by Battery : 14th Nov 2019 at 6:45 PM.
Hi @Dogamai,

take a look at Sims3.Gameplay.Services.SocialWorkerChildAbuseSituation.DestroySimsHelper
Code:
                                if (current.IsPet)
				{
					SimDescription simDescription = current.SimDescription;
					if (simDescription != null && simDescription.IsPregnant)
					{
						simDescription.Dispose();
					}
				}
				if (!current.HasBeenDestroyed)
				{
					current.FadeOut();
					current.Destroy();
				}

You also probably need to destroy relationships etc so theres probably no one function solution.

E: i think nraas master controler has an option for that you might want to take a look at that
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#3 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 7:51 PM
I thought without script mods you could enter the testingcheatsenabled cheat and shift click the object (in this case the sim) to delete. I am uncertain of the long term effects it may have on a game though.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 6:21 AM
If it is just about deleting Sim Nraas MasterController has that functionality and makes sure it does not corrupt your save.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
If it is just about deleting Sim Nraas MasterController has that functionality and makes sure it does not corrupt your save.

So i guess I should break open NRAAS mod and see what he coded? I feel a little dirty about that but...

I dont need the ability to delete a sim manually, i am making a mod that will delete sims automatically depending on traits and such.

Does seem like it should be a function in the core game. Like... how do you make this game after almost 30 years of previous iterations and not put in a delete function /smh
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 6:52 AM
Why do you want to delete sims based on traits and such? Wouldn't it be easier to just change the traits or disallow them in the first place (another functionality NRAAS mods offer).
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 9:48 AM
The Nraas mods are open-source, here is the code: https://github.com/Chain-Reaction/NRaas
But I agree with Norn, what are you planning on doing and why?
Why do you feel dirty about looking at what others coded?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 11:19 AM
RE: " Why ?? "

I use a number of mods already that do limit Sim spawns in a number of ways, but there are quite a few things that they cant / dont do. All of which i have found would be universally solved in my needs by simply deleting.

So i could write some ridiculous huge mod to settle "fringe" cases in more preemptive fashion, but the work required to do it would outweigh the value. ((in other words im too lazy for that))

Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
Why do you feel dirty about looking at what others coded?

I dunno a personal sense of authenticity? Its a personal issue, dont worry bout my mental health :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 1:57 PM
I just realized i put this in sims 3 thread :O

10 seconds into looking at nraas code: "this seems like sims 3 code"

MUH BAAAD ill repost in sims 4 thread :O

Moderator feel free to delete this thread if you want. or leave it if you think someone can find value in it. up to you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Battery
Hi @Dogamai,

take a look at ...

Thank you for the suggestion !
i meant to ask about sims4 unfortunately :O

but if you happen to know the delete sim command in sims4 code feel free to msg! TY again!