Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 5:21 AM
Default How do I change the "order screen" purchase price of an item?
So I modded in an order screen interaction that allows you to buy ambrosia online. The default price for ambrosia is 2500 simoleons. This makes it extremely op. It needs to be around 10000-15000 simoleons.

I've tried changing "Simoleon Price" field in the the object definition of ambrosia at location 0x000000000000FEC9 and putting that into a package file. This does increase ambrosia's sale price if you sell it from your inventory but the retail purchase price is still 2500 and purchasing it only takes 2500 out of your account.

I've tried going after all the object state values in the xml data tuning files. For example one might be <T>105869<!--ObjectStateValue: retailItem_ForSale_NotForSale--></T> so I'll convert 105869 into hex which is 19D8D and then search for 0000000000019D8D in the game directory's package files with s4pe or Sims 4 Studio. I've tried this for most of the objectstatevalue entries and they either don't exist or do exist but link to dumb stuff. Like one was the address for a door texture. So maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree with that but I am completely out of ideas.

Is there any other way to do this? Is there a way to specify the price in the xml data tuning file? Is there a way to do this via scripting?

Does anyone know how to do this?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 12:17 AM
I think you need scripting, but I'm not sure. This person had a similar issue with photos, maybe you can take a look:
http://modthesims.info/d/625658/viable-photography.html

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon