Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 7:40 PM
Default having trouble with a chest morph in morph maker
I made a flat chest morph for af and I need to edit the robe morph for it. If I don't, theres a bump in the middle of the chest when wearing any clothes that the robe morph effects.

But the robe morph won't get in the dmap for some reason. It still uses the skintight morph for robe, even though I selected all my files when creating the dmap.

This is all the meshes and the package if anyone could take a look:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rfzv9zjr...uNC5JgTkVa?dl=0

I tried all morning to figure it out myself but couldn't, if anyone can tell me anything I might be doing wrong it'd be really kind thank you.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 4:13 PM
You're not doing anything wrong, this is a problem with using a DMap on the chest in this way. The thing is that for the nude body the area between the breasts doesn't move when the breasts are flattened, while in most tops the area between the breasts is a bit away from chest as it's pushed out by the breasts. As you flatten the breasts, the between-area stays put, giving that bulge.

Using a robe morph is the right solution, but in practice it doesn't work. Different clothing has that between-area at different distances from where the nude chest would be so no one adjustment is going to work for all. For example, the preset works better on bras, swimsuits, and some halter tops. Maybe more importantly, many meshes including a lot of custom meshes don't have the correct vertex color in the chest area to indicate the robe morph should be used. If you try the preset in-game and try several different tops you'll see different distortions. The robe model MorphMaker uses does not have the robe vertex color on the chest.

You could experiment with moving the between-area back in the robe morph, but IMO it'll be hard to get something that works on all clothing. This may be why EA uses a bone morph for breast size.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You're not doing anything wrong, this is a problem with using a DMap on the chest in this way. The thing is that for the nude body the area between the breasts doesn't move when the breasts are flattened, while in most tops the area between the breasts is a bit away from chest as it's pushed out by the breasts. As you flatten the breasts, the between-area stays put, giving that bulge.

Using a robe morph is the right solution, but in practice it doesn't work. Different clothing has that between-area at different distances from where the nude chest would be so no one adjustment is going to work for all. For example, the preset works better on bras, swimsuits, and some halter tops. Maybe more importantly, many meshes including a lot of custom meshes don't have the correct vertex color in the chest area to indicate the robe morph should be used. If you try the preset in-game and try several different tops you'll see different distortions. The robe model MorphMaker uses does not have the robe vertex color on the chest.

You could experiment with moving the between-area back in the robe morph, but IMO it'll be hard to get something that works on all clothing. This may be why EA uses a bone morph for breast size.

That explains everything thank you! I actually made a bone morph version the other day but never tested it it in game, I'll try that next. :D