Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 6:16 AM
TS4 object to TS3 mesh problem: squares on the mesh
Greetings!
I searched for a possible solution for my problem but didn't find any
So, I decided to convert TS4 cc objects to sims 3 objects, following a bunch of tutorials. I blended at least 5 techniques, because just one tutorial wouldn't work
My problem is: weird white/black squares appear underneath the meshes during the process. Everything else was a success. But those squares ruin everything... They remind me of the sims 2 square shadows glitch!

CREDITS TO Soloriya (for the TS4 CC)

The issue seems to start on Sims 4 Studio. The white squares are there from the beggining.

I export all textures and meshes, and then open the Blender. While on Blender, I switch off the square layer and export to .obj

I open Milkshape, and there the square is again!!! I'm doing the method where I export bone meshes from TSRW first and import them into Milkshape before importing the .obj mesh I desire.

At the final stage, on TSRW, the floor squares continue, and are even affected by textures!

I seriously don't know what to do, as the objects I export to sims 3 pack appear with the square shadows in game as well. Does anyone know what's the source of the problem? If I'm able to fix this, I can even make a tutorial that blends all the other tutorials, and actually works for TS4 ---> TS3 conversion

Thanks in advance!

CREDITS TO Soloriya (for the TS4 CC)

Disclaimer: I'm converting the objects for my personal use, I do not intend to share them without the original creator's consent!
Advertisement
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 7:26 PM
ClariceDK
That is not a problem. What that square represents is the ground shadow. This is what you have to do as before
1-Export the object from Blender and save as .obj
2-Open the .obj in milkshape
3-At the top right click on Groups
4-In the group tabs you will see a lists. This represents the LODs of the mesh.
5-Double click on each name in that group tab. When you do, the LOD it represents will turn red. Continue till the square at the bottom turns red 
6-Then below the group tab you will see group options like select, hide and so on.click the one that says delete and that will remove the square on the floor which is the shadow LOD
7-Now export the base object you are using as a reference from TSRW and save as .wso
8-Go into milkshape and import the .wso object
9-When you check the group tab again, you will see names like group_0, group_1 etc. These are the object's LODs. There will be another square from the imported .wso on the base of the object. Thats the shadow  LOD
10-Find the one that represents the main mesh, note its name and delete it. Select the mesh you are converting and under the group options you will see RENAME directly under the delete option used before to remove the ground shadow of the mesh being converted. By the right of rename you will see the name of the mesh selected. Click in there and delete the name you have there, and enter the new name that the mesh should have...something like group_1 depending on what the group is.
11-When through export as .wso and go into you TSRW and import your new mesh. That square should be gone.

Also please not, whether for personal or not it is always important to adhere to the Policy of a CC creator and when not present its always good to get permission before actually doing the conversion be it personal or not 
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
ClariceDK
That is not a problem. What that square represents is the ground shadow. This is what you have to do as before
1-Export the object from Blender and save as .obj
2-Open the .obj in milkshape
3-At the top right click on Groups
4-In the group tabs you will see a lists. This represents the LODs of the mesh.
5-Double click on each name in that group tab. When you do, the LOD it represents will turn red. Continue till the square at the bottom turns red 
6-Then below the group tab you will see group options like select, hide and so on.click the one that says delete and that will remove the square on the floor which is the shadow LOD
7-Now export the base object you are using as a reference from TSRW and save as .wso
8-Go into milkshape and import the .wso object
9-When you check the group tab again, you will see names like group_0, group_1 etc. These are the object's LODs. There will be another square from the imported .wso on the base of the object. Thats the shadow  LOD
10-Find the one that represents the main mesh, note its name and delete it. Select the mesh you are converting and under the group options you will see RENAME directly under the delete option used before to remove the ground shadow of the mesh being converted. By the right of rename you will see the name of the mesh selected. Click in there and delete the name you have there, and enter the new name that the mesh should have...something like group_1 depending on what the group is.
11-When through export as .wso and go into you TSRW and import your new mesh. That square should be gone.

Also please not, whether for personal or not it is always important to adhere to the Policy of a CC creator and when not present its always good to get permission before actually doing the conversion be it personal or not 

Thank you for the thoughtful reply!
On milkshape, when I go to the "Groups" tab, there is only one LOD, and it selects the whole thing (including the square). Did I miss something?

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks again!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 2:59 AM
Ok, I think I figured! I have to delete the square from the mesh inside Blender instead of making it invisible (all the tutorials I saw people either didn't hve the square or just toggled it off).

Sorry for the inconvenient and thanks for the help, I'm going to close the thread