Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 5:41 PM
Default How can I extract a mesh from a .package body preset file ?
Hi there .
I have downloaded Ts4 MorphMaker and I have this body preset I downloaded from a creator that I really like. It came in a .package file but I want to edit the mesh and create another body preset for personal use. I don't know how to get the mesh out of the package.
I have tried TS4 SimRipper and got a Sim with that body naked, but it says in MorphMaker that the mesh has more vertices than the original skintight mesh so I cant create the preset.
Help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 6:44 PM
Hi! You need to:

Open the preset package in the "Create/Edit Slider and/or Preset Package" tab in Morphmaker.
Go to the "Add/Edit CAS Presets" sub-tab. If the preset includes a sculpt, go to the "Add/Edit Sculpts" tab. If it includes Modifiers, go to the "Add/Edit Sim Modifiers" tab. In both cases look to see if the preset is using BGEOs or DMaps (Deformer Maps).
Back in the Add/Edit Presets tab, click the Preview Preset button near the bottom. In the preview popup, click one of the Save buttons in the lower left. Save the head for BGEO morphs and the body for DMap morphs.

You should be able to use the saved mesh as your morph mesh, and you can modify it in Blender. When exporting the obj, "Write Normals", "Objects as OBJ Objects", "Objects as OBJ Groups", and "Keep Vertex Order" should all be checked. I advise testing that creating the new BGEO or DMap morph works by trying small changes first since there are many things that can go wrong in the process.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 6:57 PM
I got that working thank you. But now I am facing other issues.
The package file I downloaded has 3 presets. I went to the sculpts tab, extracted the mesh, morphed it and it works.
The only problem I am facing is, I only changed the mesh in the stomach and butt area, but the mesh is different in other spots. The neck is different, the legs are different, and I am getting some crazy shadows in the Preview of the sculpt.
So I have the original package file, the package file I changed, the original mesh from the preset I like ( the file has 3 presets), and the mesh i adjusted.
What files would be helpful for me to upload if you have the time to check them out?
Thank you very much.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 7:17 PM
All of the above could be helpful. Please put them all in a zip and upload them, and tell me which of the three presets you're working with.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
All of the above could be helpful. Please put them all in a zip and upload them, and tell me which of the three presets you're working with.

The one I am working with is called obscurus mbody 2.
I have included pretty much everything in the compressed file. The edited versions have MORPHED in the name of the file. The dmaps are from the edited mesh.
Thank you .
Attached files:
File Type: rar  testing.rar (2.23 MB, 6 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 8:02 PM
The normals in your modified mesh have gotten messed up - if you import it you can see the mesh looks faceted. Either Blender didn't import the normals for whatever reason, you made it flat-shaded at some point, or you didn't export the normals correctly. Blender doesn't handle normals well and different versions have different peculiarities. Anyway, the workaround is to check 'Ignore Normals' when you create the DMap and it'll use the original normals.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 9:04 PM
The normals in your modified mesh have gotten messed up - if you import it you can see the mesh looks faceted. Either Blender didn't import the normals for whatever reason, you made it flat-shaded at some point, or you didn't export the normals correctly. Blender doesn't handle normals well and different versions have different peculiarities. Anyway, the workaround is to check 'Ignore Normals' when you create the DMap and it'll use the original normals.

Doing that fixed the crazy shadows in the dmap, and previews. But the mesh still looks different in-game. The Adam's apple (necks area in general) and knees are still weird and i have not touched those areas in blender.
Do you know what else it could be :C?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 12:08 AM
I see the Adam's apple is different and I have no idea why, or why they look the same in the preview but are different in CAS. You might try correcting the big gap between the head and neck meshes in the morphed mesh to fix or improve it. Try to get the neck seam as close as possible to the base mesh.

I don't see anything wrong with the knees so you'll have to post a picture.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 6:06 PM
I see the Adam's apple is different and I have no idea why, or why they look the same in the preview but are different in CAS. You might try correcting the big gap between the head and neck meshes in the morphed mesh to fix or improve it. Try to get the neck seam as close as possible to the base mesh.

I don't see anything wrong with the knees so you'll have to post a picture.

I think I'm just gonna give up at this point xD.
Thank you very much. You were more useful than I could ever hope for, really impressed.
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th May 2020 at 4:01 AM
you don't extract it just watch this youtube video on how to install mods on the sims 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HMjOkb6jd0