Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 7:30 PM
Default Bake Shapekeys to Sims 3 Body Rig in Blender?
Hello!
My question is: is it possible to bake shapekeys to act like bones in a sims rig in Blender?
Well, my project is to assign facial bones on a mmd mesh from an adult female sims body in blender to use in Sims 3.
The other question regarding this: Is this even possible with regular sim bones?
Let´s say you have a default character with big, wide eyes that´s pretty hard to make the mesh look okay with sims 3 animations and you want the character´s eyes blink/wink.
How do I accomplish that?
Anyone have any idea?
Thank you in advanced!
Edit: Maybe I can use the body morphs in some way? I saw they were in the shapekeys panel in Blender. I don´t need morphs anyway.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 10:50 PM
It's good to you here again. Are you having any luck with this project? I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to work on but had you try reassigning the bones on the mesh and testing it out in game to see how it works in the game?
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
It's good to you here again. Are you having any luck with this project? I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to work on but had you try reassigning the bones on the mesh and testing it out in game to see how it works in the game?

I think they are trying to make anime style sims face meshes. I hope it is possible. If I am wrong, correct me Rin.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Hi! Well I have been tested several ways to assign the bones on the facemesh. The big problem is that I´m not fully experienced about simrigs and how they work on modified meshes. I mean, It´s obvious the MMD Anime models have bigger eyes and such. But they also have different height proportions than the regular sim-mesh. The only way I can think of is to skip the eye movements and blinking and just focus on the mesh characters mouth.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RibbonKitten
I think they are trying to make anime style sims face meshes. I hope it is possible. If I am wrong, correct me Rin.
Yes! You´re right about that! I think it can be possible in several ways, but maybe not the way I thought at first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 4:54 PM
Default Images Upload
Here´s some reference images, I hope it´s understandable.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 7:04 PM
I know this might sound like a weird solution, and it may not be possible, BUT maybe you could get the same results if you try this? Pretty much making an animated interactive full body costume and using sliders to shrink the actual sim inside. It may sound better written out and may not actually work BUT it's worth a try and it could bring so much fun craziness to gameplay if it works. costume interaction