Replies: 11 (Who?), Viewed: 575 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 4:52 PM
Carpetrodents Modding Forum
Heylo everyone! I am carpetrodents and I am starting out and creating mods. I'm not a coder and I don't know a single thing about rewriting _xml files which is why I'm here and looking at tutorials on the site lol. I am working to creating a mod for the sims 3 to make it cost money to woohoo. I want to do this because I have not come across any birth control or contraception and I like the realism I guess. I am also making mods for the sims 3 because some mods that I want and that others want too are not available. So if you have any feedback or suggestion about the mod I'm working on or you want to see a mod just come here I guess haha.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 4:57 PM
Quote:
So if you have any feedback or suggestion about the mod I'm working on or you want to see a mod just come here I guess haha.


Oh yea and I'm not an expert so if you do want to see a mod made, I will definitely try to the best of my ability but I just want to focus on sims 3 realism mods to make the game a tad more realistic. I hope you guys can respect that BUT I WILL TRY TO MAKE OTHER MODS TOO DON'T THINK I WONT PLEASE!!!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 5:50 PM
There are actual birth control or contraception mods though! So it might be good to ask in the WCIF forums : http://www.modthesims.info/f/559/

Regarding XML stuff, this might be helpful: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Tuning_Modding

But if you really want to look at actual C# code that really affects your game with new goodies, then this is the right place to start (See script modding): http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._GeneralModding 

Hope this helps!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 6:46 PM
Doesn't ani's Working Sims Bed mod already do that?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 7:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyralei
There are actual birth control or contraception mods though! So it might be good to ask in the WCIF forums : http://www.modthesims.info/f/559/

Regarding XML stuff, this might be helpful: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Tuning_Modding

But if you really want to look at actual C# code that really affects your game with new goodies, then this is the right place to start (See script modding): http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._GeneralModding 

Hope this helps!


OMG your an actual life saver and this is all good information for me. Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 7:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyralei
There are actual birth control or contraception mods though!


Oh and for contraception it was hard for me to find links that related to the subject or mods that werent for the sims 4 But thanks I'll keep that in mind next time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 7:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamyy
Doesn't ani's Working Sims Bed mod already do that?


I saw it on the Nraas site but this isn't really what I meant. But this mod is interesting so I'm going to download it lol. What I meant was that I wanted to change the woohoo action so that it would cost 10 simoleons to woohoo and risky woohoo would be free. Like how you pay for condoms and such to be safe. Thank you for the mod though, its going to make my gameplay a bit more exciting.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 10:08 PM
Oh I see now, like grabbing a snack from fridge XD
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 1:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetrodents
I saw it on the Nraas site but this isn't really what I meant. But this mod is interesting so I'm going to download it lol. What I meant was that I wanted to change the woohoo action so that it would cost 10 simoleons to woohoo and risky woohoo would be free. Like how you pay for condoms and such to be safe. Thank you for the mod though, its going to make my gameplay a bit more exciting.


This is such a good idea you have! Paying for safe woohoo does make sense. I can imagine risking a kid in order to save money ^^, I'd love to see that in my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 3:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloTheory
This is such a good idea you have! Paying for safe woohoo does make sense. I can imagine risking a kid in order to save money ^^, I'd love to see that in my game.


This made me so happy to see while I was studying all this tuning stuff Thank you for the support!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 10:44 PM
UPDATE: So while figuring out how to make the interaction cost simoleons I ended up breaking my game lol. I think I'm going to take a step back for a while and regroup to figure this whole situation out. (yes I did back up my game before hand)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 12:26 AM
K so idk why I'm having such a hard time to actually sit down and make this mod because quarantine gives me a lot of time to do this stuff but I guess its just because I'm very scared to put my work out there especially since I've never done this stuff before. Im stuck and I just need help right now. So if anyone can help me, try to reach me on my socials or add me on discord @ carpetrodents#3633. Thats the whole modding update for today. Thank you for understanding.
Back to top