Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 881 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 7:49 PM Last edited by kestrellyn : 10th Apr 2020 at 10:20 PM.
Default Project: What does wfsanity do, exactly?
A while back someone asked what wfsanity actually did in the main forum, so I decided to see if I could actually get a list of everything it did. I've only gotten part of the way through it, but I've realized the following: a) there were bugs, which I've fixed, which have improved my game, b) there are modifications I wish to release separately, and c) people will undoubtedly have requests for things they want to work differently, which will be easier to fulfill if I've recently documented than functionality than if I've already done the whole thing and therefore have to delve back into it to remind myself where that part of the code was. So: I am making this thread early even though I am not finished documenting yet.

What is wfsanity?

Wfsanity is a modification of a particular class of functions called Check Trees which determine when certain wants are allowed to appear. Not all wants can appear in all circumstances by default, they are generally generated when certain conditions trigger (although some of them do appear more or less at random). Check trees limit when they can appear further.

I've documented wfsanity's functionality in a spreadsheet in wfsanitydoc.zip. In each row, column A lists a want or fear (or multiple wants and fears), column B lists the requirements from the check tree as of M&G, and column C lists additional requirements added by wfsanity. In the spreadsheet I use the following terms:

Wanter is the sim who rolls the want
Target is the sim mentioned in the want
A generic want is a version of the want without a Target. For example, you can want to marry a particular sim, or you can just want to get married in general - the latter is the generic version of the want. The generic and specific versions are considered the same want, and thus share the same check tree, but the check tree can apply different requirements for the generic want.

I am only marking things as bugs (and fixing them) when it is clear to me what Pescado intended to happen and it is also clear that he made a mistake implementing it. If you have a request for something to work differently, let me know and I will make a supplementary mod to do that, if it's possible.

Current Progress: I have documented 33/115 check trees

Mods attached to this post:

wfsanity.zip: Fixed version of wfsanity. Bugs fixed:
  • Sims can now roll wants to call other sims and invite them over
  • Unselectable and mean sims do not roll the want to apologize

romancewantsinlawsfix.zip: Sims no longer roll romantic wants for their in-laws and step-family, unless they have love/crush/married/engaged/going steady flags with them. Necessary if you use in-laws fix, since in that case these wants are unfulfillable. Load order doesn't matter, has been thoroughly tested.

polyamorycheatingfearfix.zip: Sims will not fear being caught cheating with sims who they have married/engaged/going steady flags with. Must load after wfsanity. Needs testing.

Updates:
  • Added documentation for another 7 check trees
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip wfsanitydoc.zip (11.0 KB, 55 downloads)
File Type: zip wfsanity.zip (11.8 KB, 21 downloads)
File Type: zip romancewantsinlawsfix.zip (430 Bytes, 9 downloads)
File Type: zip polamorycheatingfearfix.zip (452 Bytes, 8 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 2:04 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 3:49 AM
That's something I can provide a patch for, yes. If you want all of them gone, though, I'll wait until I've documented everything to be sure I don't miss any. Although, in default wfsanity I think they are all disabled if there hasn't been any occult activity in your neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 5:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
That's something I can provide a patch for, yes. If you want all of them gone, though, I'll wait until I've documented everything to be sure I don't miss any. Although, in default wfsanity I think they are all disabled if there hasn't been any occult activity in your neighborhood.

I'm talking about occult activity. I want some of my extra-terrestrial colonies to have technomagi along with the other weirdos.