Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 10:32 AM
Were you? The only contribution you made to this thread was to ask whether the questions I was asking to determine what Cali actually wanted were necessary.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
The Sim Blender doesn't give any memory out when putting children up for adoption, just like I said. This is what I meant - you didn't bother to find out what she meant, and therefore came away with a distorted idea of what actually happened.

I have not used Midge's adoption mod, but I think it's extremely unlikely to give out a negative memory, since the whole point of the mod is to add a positive way to contribute children to the adoption pool.

I confirmed that it was positive in post #7. I will installed it myself - even though I'm still planning to run an orphanage/group home, it'll be good for photos and the like.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 11:35 AM
OMG children please stop arguing. Be nice!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 8:12 PM
I'm not arguing. I'm just honestly confused, here.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 10:56 PM
I'm not arguing. I'm just honestly confused, here.

Don't worry about it, life's too short. I just discovered I'm a potato aspiration , so I just want a quiet life.
Theorist
Original Poster
#31 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 11:43 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 15th Sep 2023 at 12:05 AM.
I didn't mean for this to get blown out of porportion. This is a help area for finding things and that is what I was lookin for. Bulb helped by pointin me to the Memory Commander and the Tattered Diary. We are friends in Discord so we were able to talk there too. I do want to thank all who helped with tryin to get the answer. I hope this might help others who might also want this too.

So, I just did a bit of in game testing with these mods:
Sim Blender - Aaronous
Memory Manipulator - Aaronous
Memory Commander - Jonasn
Tattered Diary - DLight
(I'll check out the 2 I liked to next .. I'd forgot to install them before startin the game)

In a fresh new test hood I have a female sim who gave birth.
- Sim Blender
Family > Give up for adoption the child was removed from the household, no memory is given

- Memory Manipulator
Gives a negative memory of child taken, child is not removed

- Memory Commander
Changes color of memories to visually show green for positive and red for negative, no text or icon is changed, child is not removed, couldn't find a place that had anything to do with any family memories. If I missed them I'd be happy for someone to tell me where they might be (so long as you do it nicely and not poke me for bein blind )

- Tattered Diary
Give a positive memory of child given up for adoption with good text, child is not removed

This is all done in game with no need to exit and use simpe.

In my testing of the above I found it's best to add the memories wanted by whichever mod gives whichever memory is wanted, and THEN use blender to remove the child.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 11:47 PM
The Memory Manipulator and Tattered Diary are just mods to give your sims memories. They are not adoption mods, they don't have any other effect on the game or perform any other function than giving memories.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 11:53 PM
@Calibrat - Midge's mod (or jellymeduza's fork of it) should handle the kid being put in the adoption pool and the positive memory at the same time. So that sounds ideal for what you want.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 11:58 PM
I'd meant to post thes in previous post. I thought I'd taken them while in game, but found out after I exited that I hadn't, so here they are.
Memory Manipulator

Tattered Diary

The Memory Manipulator and Tattered Diary are just mods to give your sims memories. They are not adoption mods, they don't have any other effect on the game or perform any other function than giving memories.

Correct. The Blender is still needed for removal of the child, which is what I said in the conclusion. Use the memory mod 1st and then use blender for child removal.

Thanks for your assistance in tryin to help sort this all out
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#35 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 3:06 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 15th Sep 2023 at 3:24 AM.
Oh, so you do have a custom bad adoption memory in your game? Does that come with the Memory Manipulator?

Edit: Apparently the Memory Manipulator has a function to add some custom memories, but none of them actually come with the Memory Manipulator itself, so I have no idea what they are. In the post it says they are the "Chris Hatch and Inteen memories". As far as I know, the only custom memory Inteen has is the miscarriage memory, and I'm not able to find any evidence of custom memories made by Chris Hatch, so I have no idea what these custom memories could be or if they even include this custom memory, or where you might have gotten this custom memory from.
Theorist
Original Poster
#36 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 4:21 AM
Oh, so you do have a custom bad adoption memory in your game? Does that come with the Memory Manipulator?

Edit: Apparently the Memory Manipulator has a function to add some custom memories, but none of them actually come with the Memory Manipulator itself, so I have no idea what they are. In the post it says they are the "Chris Hatch and Inteen memories". As far as I know, the only custom memory Inteen has is the miscarriage memory, and I'm not able to find any evidence of custom memories made by Chris Hatch, so I have no idea what these custom memories could be or if they even include this custom memory, or where you might have gotten this custom memory from.

No, the negative taken child is the standard EAxis.
The wording on that so that it says child was given up and not social worker taken is Squinge DR replacement.
The positive had baby is standard EAxis.
Tattered diary gives a positive give child up for adoption.
With the Memory Commander I was able to switch EAxis's standard green positive had baby to a red negative.

Still confused?

No worries... I know myself that I can get very turned around and upside down when tryin to read some of the "how to" and what's needed to be done for some of the mods out there so that I don't even try them. I tend to stay with what I know or things that don't twist my brain into a knot.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 4:33 AM
So you default replaced the social worker memory? That's not a great thing to do, since having that memory disallows sims from adopting children, which probably isn't something that you want from a memory about giving a child up for adoption, regardless of whether it's negative or positive.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 4:39 AM
Also it'd be a bit weird to have a parent starve their kid and then get the "gave up for adoption" text when the social worker intervened.

Mad Poster
#39 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 4:43 AM
Also, here's screenshots from Midge's mod:

Barring other mods that interfere with the adoption pool (e.g. OFB_AdoptTeenNoAdoptionPool), the kid will then be available for the social worker to drop off for adoption:

Theorist
Original Poster
#40 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 5:07 AM
I've used that mod for a long time. I can't stay that I've ever had an issue with adopting while using squinges mod. Maybe it's the way he did it, I don't know. All I know is that it changes the text. I'm not even sure what the actual text reads now I've had that mod for so long.
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,12719.0.html

I have a handful of other mods that more or less prevent the social workin from comin and taking kids. I can't recall off hand all of them or who made them, but the ones that come to mind are
Social working doesn't come take kids for
- bein to hot/ cold
- bein left alone
- failing grades
There maybe more, but to know for sure would mean lookin in downloads.
.. but anyways back OT
For the time being my original query has been answered in that I can have a positive give baby up for adoption with neutral text and the ability to turn the had baby into a red negative. I'm content with this
Mad Poster
#41 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I've used that mod for a long time. I can't stay that I've ever had an issue with adopting while using squinges mod. Maybe it's the way he did it, I don't know. All I know is that it changes the text. I'm not even sure what the actual text reads now I've had that mod for so long.

Unless Squinge also removed the block, you'd only see a problem if a Sim with the memory tries to adopt.

Mad Poster
#42 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 9:41 AM

Chris Hatch has an option to give a child up for adoption when giving birth at one of his hospitals and there is an optional memory of giving the child up.

Adoption Options

Every time a baby is born in hospital you'll have an option to either adopt the baby out to any adult sim in your houses or adopt the baby out to the default orphan family. Twins can't be separated and will both go to the same family. When a baby is adopted out to a sim the receiving sim will receive the required relationship to look after the baby and receive the memory of adopting the baby. If that sim is living with a spouse then the spouse will also get the required relationship and memory.

There is a sad memory of adopting a baby out for the biological parents that will be given if it's installed. I've kept it separate because once it has been used it should never be uninstalled. If it isn't installed no errors will be generated so it is optional.

If a townie gives birth the baby will always be added to the orphan family even when you choose keep. That's because babies in the townie family would never be seen in your game again.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 10:25 AM
Ahh, interesting.

Cali, changing the text of the memory doesn't matter. The game doesn't check, or care about the text. Default replacements have the same ID as the original object and that's what the game actually cares about.
Theorist
Original Poster
#44 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Chris Hatch has an option to give a child up for adoption when giving birth at one of his hospitals and there is an optional memory of giving the child up.

Adoption Options

Every time a baby is born in hospital you'll have an option to either adopt the baby out to any adult sim in your houses or adopt the baby out to the default orphan family. Twins can't be separated and will both go to the same family. When a baby is adopted out to a sim the receiving sim will receive the required relationship to look after the baby and receive the memory of adopting the baby. If that sim is living with a spouse then the spouse will also get the required relationship and memory.

There is a sad memory of adopting a baby out for the biological parents that will be given if it's installed. I've kept it separate because once it has been used it should never be uninstalled. If it isn't installed no errors will be generated so it is optional.

If a townie gives birth the baby will always be added to the orphan family even when you choose keep. That's because babies in the townie family would never be seen in your game again.

I'd always wanted to try out his hospital mod .. but sadly it's one of those that confused me so I never did :/
Mad Poster
#45 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 12:02 PM
I can give you the readme that I copied that info from if you want. It explains everything.
Page 2 of 2