Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 3:18 PM
In short, EA did not code the game as you want. What bothers you does not bother other players and the posters here do not see why there is a problem to have Sims look at things in an art gallery or museum. If this is such a no go for you then maybe have your Sims own something else to generate revenue and who cares what the rating is for this one?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kusurusu
in short:
- collectibles are what this lot is intended for
- paintings/sculptures count as decorative
both can be viewed autonomously but Sims on this community lot are supposed to do so with just the former - what I'm asking here is, are they any paintings/sculptures which for some reason are left alone by townies (even if there's just one - I'd buy up to 16 of it in that case)? Or any objects which might be considered collectibles while at the same time fulfilling real estate requirement?

A better place to ask this might be the WCIF forum, as this forum is for game discussion, which is why you are getting people's opinions instead of solutions for what you are seeking.
https://modthesims.info/f/559/
Inventor
#28 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 3:30 PM
It bothers me if Sims view the wrong kind of displays (buy mode paintings/sculptures) which I only placed there for real estate revenue because for some reason the hundreds of showcased collectibles don't count as decorative (even though Sims interact with them just like with other art pieces).

in short:
both can be viewed autonomously but Sims on this community lot are supposed to do so with just the former - what I'm asking here is, are they any paintings/sculptures which for some reason are left alone by townies (even if there's just one - I'd buy up to 16 of it in that case)? Or any objects which might be considered collectibles while at the same time fulfilling real estate requirement?

So what I think can be done and tested. Is if I get the Object names of the collectables I can make the venue require those instead of the Art objects. Should be fairly easy it to code it as such.
Now the only thing I don't know and have no control over is if they would view them the way they do decorative objects. I don't know if Collectables are coded that way.

From the code above and the Real Estate XML you can code a venue anyway you like as far as requirements and objects.
Inventor
#29 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 4:12 PM
It bothers me if Sims view the wrong kind of displays (buy mode paintings/sculptures) which I only placed there for real estate revenue because for some reason the hundreds of showcased collectibles don't count as decorative (even though Sims interact with them just like with other art pieces).

in short:

Here https://www.mediafire.com/file_prem...23.package/file

I removed the requirements for the decorative objects and only left the requirements for the bathrooms.
Now you can fill the Art Gallery with whatever you want.

This should go in your overrides.
Inventor
#30 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 6:03 PM
[QUOTE=LadySmoks]16 does not seem like so many to me, but to each his own. Did not know that artist career painting went into gallery. That is so cool!
I play ITF constantly. In part, as testing FemmeBots and new default garments (NSFW type) that I am working on. But, never noticed there was no art gallery until now. So, last night, I began making one. Saved library to bin, then placed it and removed bookshelves and furniture. Did not take long to fill it with paintings and statues. Have not taken my Sims there yet. Will do some time today.

So in the Easel xml in gameplay is this line

<kChanceOfPaintingInArtGallery value="0.2">
<!--The chance that your painting will make it to the art gallery when sold-->
</kChanceOfPaintingInArtGallery>
</Current_Tuning>
<Deprecated_Tuning />

I changed this line to be
<kChanceOfPaintingInArtGallery value="100">

So every time my sim paints a painting it will go to the Art Gallery. I have it as an override mod. I only toss it in my mods folder once my sim has reached level 10 in Painting. I also change the autonomous painting from true to false.

I have wanted forever to learn how to make a .mimics so I can make cloned objects like the easel a .mimics so I can turn certain objects I buy into non-autonomous but that's a whole other thing LOL
Page 2 of 2