Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2023 at 12:17 AM
Default Issue with No or Wrong Clothes on my Android-Plumbot & can't get him into CAS
Hello! I'm new and read about five pages of 'where and how to post' and still hope I'm in the right place for this.

Specs:
I have the full game with all EPs and stuff packs.
Windows 11
12th Gen Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-12500H 310GHz
RAM 8.00 GB
64 bit operating system, x64-based processor
Intel(R) UHD Graphics; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU

Question:
I used an old thread on this site- that I didn't want to necropost on- that shows how to create an humanoid looking android from a plumbot using s3pe: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=524529&c=1&ht=0&page=1&pp=25#startcomments. So I started this thread.

I followed the directions of the old post, and I was able to create the humanoid looking plumbot that worked just perfectly like a plumbot, but on my first try, I must have selected his 'nude' outfit. This discussion link says that you should select any one of his outfits and it will work (you can't really tell which outfit you are selecting when you are in S3pe), but again, I must have selected the 'nude' outfit. The old link also says that you can still use human/simCAS for the android, but I tried several ways (that I'll list below) to get him into CAS so I could dress him, and I was unable to get him into humanCAS; he would only go into plumbotCAP. Of course, in the plumbot version of CAS, there are no options to change his outfit.

I decided to start brand new with a newly created human sim and plumbot sim, so that the second time I did it would be with sim files that I never opened/ changed in s3pe. Instead of just grabbing any file, like the link said, I actually tried to read the descriptions on the right hand panel and selected one that at least had shoes listed for the outfit.

So, I got back into the game this second time and created my second android- he was perfect, too- human looking like I wanted but acting just like a plumbot- but only this time, he was wearing the ugliest clothes that I didn't choose and that even a townie wouldn't be caught dead in. But at least he had clothes on, so I thought that would help me get him into the humanCAS, but still, I couldn't. He would still only go into plumbotCAS.

I hate to sound particular, but of course, I don't want a naked android running around, but I also don't want a cute android running around in barf-inducing clothes, especially when this method of creating an android means that he only has ONE outfit (everyday) to wear 100% of the time. I don't want him stuck in that ugly outfit that I didn't choose 100% of the time.

The methods I used to try to get him into human CAS that didn't work:

- clicking on dresser- nothing.
- 'testingcheatsenabled true' and then shift/clicking on sim to edit in CAS = he just goes to plumbotCAS.
-clicking on android- nraas- MC- advanced- stylist (this option appeared only the time he had clothes on) = plumbotCAS.
clicking on android- nraas- MC- advanced- edit in CAS = plumbotCAS.
-clicking on android- nrass- MC- (adv or basic- I forget)- outfit = the only outfits available were the nude outfit for the nude android and the ugly outfit for the mis-dressed android.

Thank you for even reading this, and thanks to anyone who can help.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Aug 2023 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iridian
Hello! I'm new and read about five pages of 'where and how to post' and still hope I'm in the right place for this.

There are issues with most of those humanoid Plumbot "tricks", especially if the bot travels... it becomes fully Sim, with Sim motives, etc.

As to entering Sim CAS... Hold shift, and left click on the bot, and enter CAS that way. I have both testing cheats enabled, and Nraas MC. I've had both forever, and not sure which, both or either are necessary for entering CAS this way. Going thru MC> Adavnced> Edit in CAS, intentionally goes to bot CAS, so you can edit any bot in the game. I saw that posted on Nraas site a while ago.

I decided a few years ago, the only way to make a Sim looking bot, was to make bot parts from Sim CAS parts, but options are extremely limited.

Side note, using "fix invisible Sims" will break Plumbots (even EA premade NPC's), and add outfits to them that they shouldn't have, and give human Sim motives.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2023 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks

As to entering Sim CAS... Hold shift, and left click on the bot, and enter CAS that way. I have both testing cheats enabled, and Nraas MC. I've had both forever, and not sure which, both or either are necessary for entering CAS this way. Going thru MC> Adavnced> Edit in CAS, intentionally goes to bot CAS, so you can edit any bot in the game. I saw that posted on Nraas site a while ago.

Thank you so much for responding. I'm sorry that I don't understand the difference between one of the ways I tried it and what you are suggesting above and saying that it is different. Please be patient with me. I have both Nrass MC and MC Cheats as well as 'testingcheatsenabled true' on. When I shift+click on the humanoid-plumbot, I only get one CAS-like option, and I use it, and it takes me into plumbot CAS. How is it taking your plumbot into regular CAS?

I decided a few years ago, the only way to make a Sim looking bot, was to make bot parts from Sim CAS parts, but options are extremely limited.

Your sim is absolutely gorgeous! One of the prettiest sims I've seen! Was/Is she a bot?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Aug 2023 at 2:26 AM
Thank you so much for responding. I'm sorry that I don't understand the difference between one of the ways I tried it and what you are suggesting above and saying that it is different. Please be patient with me. I have both Nrass MC and MC Cheats as well as 'testingcheatsenabled true' on. When I shift+click on the humanoid-plumbot, I only get one CAS-like option, and I use it, and it takes me into plumbot CAS. How is it taking your plumbot into regular CAS?

Your sim is absolutely gorgeous! One of the prettiest sims I've seen! Was/Is she a bot?

Thanks. She is 100% Plumbot, made from Plumbot parts, in the ITF bot station. All Sim parts, converted to bot parts. I'm currently working on getting all facial sliders (the 100 or so that I have) to work on the head. Harder than you might think. )
This is the original model... Her face is as a child!

Anyway, do you have the most updated Nraas mods? Because I remember reading an Nraas thread, and it may have been Chain Reaction who said the way it should work, for Plumbot CAS and Sim CAS. When you try shift click or MC> Advanced> Edit in Cas. May sound like a dumb question, but are you really in Plumbot CAS, or Sim CAS with the Plumbot room background?

Next is to @Igazor , as he knows far more about Nraas than I.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2023 at 8:53 AM
Thanks for responding again. In both cases, it's actual Plumbot CAS, because all I can change are plumbot parts. There are no non-plumbot options, such as to change the hair, looks, or clothing.

Regarding your sim, that sounds like some really intricate work, and given how you are creating her, it sounds like you would really know how to finagle all of the different ways to get into whichever CAS you want. So, I wonder if it's a mod issue with me, but I wouldn't know which one. I have most NRAAS mods- all of the updated versions of them, as I downloaded them all in the past few months (I'm new to Sims, believe it or not- there are still new ones of us in 2023
Forum Resident
#6 Old 7th Aug 2023 at 2:02 PM
Thanks for responding again. In both cases, it's actual Plumbot CAS, because all I can change are plumbot parts. There are no non-plumbot options, such as to change the hair, looks, or clothing.

Regarding your sim, that sounds like some really intricate work, and given how you are creating her, it sounds like you would really know how to finagle all of the different ways to get into whichever CAS you want. So, I wonder if it's a mod issue with me, but I wouldn't know which one. I have most NRAAS mods- all of the updated versions of them, as I downloaded them all in the past few months (I'm new to Sims, believe it or not- there are still new ones of us in 2023

It may be a mod conflict, if the path does not work... Although, I do not know what it could be, I have had some pretty odd interaction conflicts in the past, so anything is possible.

You can try moving all mods to desktop, documents, wherever they will be safe, install ONLY Nraas mods, start your game and see if you can access Sim CAS. I will look at that other thread and make one of those bots, and see what happens in my game, in CAS.

My FemmeBots have been a project for 3 or 4 years, tweaking much along the way. Most recent head and body can use Sim CAS skin tones, but some facial sliders do not work, so that has been my newest project to figure out. I'm pretty sure it has to do with not changing vertex IDs during conversion.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Aug 2023 at 4:29 PM
So, I had time to try this method. Everything worked for me. I was able to take the "Android" to Sim CAS and change clothes. Did you read the entire thread? Down the page, I saw something about needing the Master Controller integration mod as well as MC and MC Cheats. I have that in my Nraas package, so if that is necessary, and you do not have it, that may be your issue? Also when reading more of the page, others did have problems with reverting to full Sim on travel. They list a few things they did, which was to basically save the bot before travel, and remake it. That was the main reason I went the route of making the Sim parts into bot CAS parts.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Aug 2023 at 8:00 PM Last edited by iridian : 7th Aug 2023 at 8:04 PM. Reason: clarification
So, I had time to try this method. Everything worked for me. I was able to take the "Android" to Sim CAS and change clothes. Did you read the entire thread? Down the page, I saw something about needing the Master Controller integration mod as well as MC and MC Cheats. I have that in my Nraas package, so if that is necessary, and you do not have it, that may be your issue? Also when reading more of the page, others did have problems with reverting to full Sim on travel. They list a few things they did, which was to basically save the bot before travel, and remake it. That was the main reason I went the route of making the Sim parts into bot CAS parts.

Thanks so much again for your response. Yes, I read the thread, but there was so much, so I posted here to make sure I didn't miss or misunderstand anything. I do have MC Integration and MC Cheats. I had not yet traveled with my android-bot- not even out of the house, because I'd only just made him and he was naked the first time and dressed nonsensibly like a pregnant townie the second time (edit: "you're not going out of the house looking like THAT!" )

I knew going into my experimental game with an android-bot that I wasn't even going to attempt to travel with him to vacation worlds or Oasis Landing at any point in my game, knowing the issues other people have had. Before I built him, I had my Creator sim travel alone to Oasis Landing to learn bot making to the 10th level and create all of the chips I knew that I wanted for him- but then, I had her travel alone back to the present and create him with a bot machine bought in the present day. He was created in and never left her present day living room. I installed the chips in the first bot just to test that everything worked okay- it did- he was functional regarding all chips.

I didn't bother to put the chips into the second one, but all of his basic bot functions worked. At that point, I was just exasperated, because I'd painstakingly fixed all of his outfits in case any ended up being his 100% everyday outfit, because I didn't know which one I was going to grab in s3pe. And then he ended up in an outfit that I didn't choose. That right there sounds like a problem, but I don't know where to go with that.

I will try your mods idea of using Nraas mods only. It may take a while. In the meantime, know that I'm impressed with how complex of a project it is that you are undertaking with your beautiful bot. She looks finished, but if you say she is not, I'd love to see updates on her.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 7th Aug 2023 at 11:36 PM
Thanks so much again for your response. Yes, I read the thread, but there was so much, so I posted here to make sure I didn't miss or misunderstand anything. I do have MC Integration and MC Cheats. I had not yet traveled with my android-bot- not even out of the house, because I'd only just made him and he was naked the first time and dressed nonsensibly like a pregnant townie the second time (edit: "you're not going out of the house looking like THAT!" )

I knew going into my experimental game with an android-bot that I wasn't even going to attempt to travel with him to vacation worlds or Oasis Landing at any point in my game, knowing the issues other people have had. Before I built him, I had my Creator sim travel alone to Oasis Landing to learn bot making to the 10th level and create all of the chips I knew that I wanted for him- but then, I had her travel alone back to the present and create him with a bot machine bought in the present day. He was created in and never left her present day living room. I installed the chips in the first bot just to test that everything worked okay- it did- he was functional regarding all chips.

I didn't bother to put the chips into the second one, but all of his basic bot functions worked. At that point, I was just exasperated, because I'd painstakingly fixed all of his outfits in case any ended up being his 100% everyday outfit, because I didn't know which one I was going to grab in s3pe. And then he ended up in an outfit that I didn't choose. That right there sounds like a problem, but I don't know where to go with that.

I will try your mods idea of using Nraas mods only. It may take a while. In the meantime, know that I'm impressed with how complex of a project it is that you are undertaking with your beautiful bot. She looks finished, but if you say she is not, I'd love to see updates on her.

If you have the Nraas modules listed in the thread, and followed the steps carefully, I honestly do not know why it won't work for you. So, yes, time to remove mods (except Nraas) to see if that works. If yes, then put back half of the other mods and check. Then remove those, and put in the other half of the mods and check if it works. From there, it becomes putting in mods a few at a time, until it doesn't work.

Nraas has copy outfits. Intermediate> Copy Clothing Between Categories. Then it shows the outfits. Just copy everyday. Next, it shows the categories you can copy to... Just copy to Athletic, Formal, etc, all of them. Next step is MC> Basic> Remove Outfit. Remove all of the outfits you don't want from each category. Now, I have never tried this part, but you can probably skip the copying to categories, and just delete all outfits except everyday and singed, since bots only show those in Nraas. I have never seen singed applyied to a bot, but Nraas shows it.

The first FemmeBot was released a few years ago. I have just tweaked things here and there, experimented and tested a lot. First bots, had to have skin tones "painted" on in the bot station. Newer ones, I got to work with Sim skins panel. The current heads work okay. Facial expressions, eyes and mouth, etc... but a couple of facial sliders don't work, and that has been my latest project. I use my killer bot as a nanny for my kids. ))) One eyed Alice... a military bot. I used Nraas transfer genetics, so she looks more like my selfie Sim... except some facial sliders.